Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team, you’ll play a core part in providing fantastic customer service.
Hours: 10 hours per week
Salary: £10.78 per hour
What it’s like to work here
As part of a supportive team of staff and Volunteers you will be answering weird and wonderful questions. Be prepared to work inside and outside to help with busy day working. Come rain or sun, we are there for our visitors. We are a 364 property, so there is an expectation to work Boxing day/New Years day. We’re expecting a busy year here at Charlecote for our 2023 season, we’re coming to the end of 5 major projects and we are currently in the process of being one of the first properties to install EV Charge points, gearing up to our new visitor reception building.
What you’ll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our trust. Visitors are a vital part of what we do, so you’ll be responsible for ensuring that you provide an excellent service to all our visitors, every day. As a Welcome & Service Assistant, it’s your role to ensure that the welcome our visitors receive is perfect, setting them up for an amazing experience for the rest of the day.
You’ll be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. Understanding how and why we engage our supporters is key. Working with our spirit of place you’ll work with the visitor welcome team to link everything we do back to our cause and the on-going work we do.
You’ll deliver high standards of presentation at the property, and ensure all our communications with our visitors are clear and consistent, from the first click on the website, to the posters and signs around the property.
Who we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you, if this sounds like you:
• Ability to work in a team – flexible and adaptable
• Well organised and able to work with minimum supervision
• Helpful & friendly
• Customer focused with a positive attitude
• Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
• An understanding of the importance of great service
The National Trust has the motto ‘For everyone, for ever’ at its heart. We’re working hard to create an inclusive culture, where everyone feels they belong. It’s important that our people reflect and represent the diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We welcome and value difference, so when we say we’re for everyone, we want everyone to be welcome in our teams too.
• Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
• Free entry to National Trust places for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
• Tax free childcare scheme
• Rental deposit loan scheme
• Season ticket loan
• Perks at work discounts i.e. gym memberships, shopping discount codes, cinema discounts
• Holiday allowance up to 32 days relating to length of service, plus holiday purchase scheme, subject to meeting minimum criteria.
• Flexible working whenever possible
• Employee assistance programme
• Free parking at most locations
• Independent financial advice