An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Patient Services Centre in-house training team , its 12 months fixed term contract. We are looking for pro-active forward thinking individual who are enthusiastic and dedicated to sharing information and responsible for training new and existing staff in all PSC processes and Trust hospital systems.
Patient Services Centre (PSC) staff are hardworking and committed to patient care and often the first point of contact for their patients. Some of our successes in 2021 include:
Over 203k inbound phone calls taken by our teams in 2021
49,000 clinics prepped for around 401,000 patients
Over 172k referrals received and process in 2021
Promoting UHS to be a paperless organisation through eGrading and eOutcoming
£400 for the hospital charity raised through fun events like cake sales
First UHS team trailing full hot desking/agile working
Patient Services Centre is open Monday – Friday 8.00-8.00 plus Saturday 8.00-4.30 Successful candidate
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the ‘Job Description and Main Responsibilities’ section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.
What we can offer you
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
All non-clinical roles may involve a mixture of on site and remote working, Specific details and flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.
What you’ll do
As Training Co-ordinator, you will work closely with our HR and Training Lead Manager to:
• Review and adapt current induction and training processes, to create a robust induction and training programme which ensures new staff members joining the team are trained to a very high standard giving them the skills and confidence to carry out their roles accurately and effectively when allocated to their booking team.
• Co-ordinate refresher training to ensure all current staff are continuously updated with any changes to processes as well as ensuring all the staff work consistently throughout the team.
• Carry out audits of the team processes and their activity to support with further training if required.
• Monitor and review key performance indicators for staff in their roles via the Netcall system.
• Provide operational support when required for key data quality routine and maintaining accurate and current reliable patient demographic data.
• To liaise with the team leaders to support discussions following probationary periods.
To contribute to the review of all Standard Operating Procedures for the service ensuring they are kept up-to-date and staff
• To be responsible for the induction of new staff to the Patient Services Centre, sharing knowledge and expertise of the administrative processes, procedures, and functions.
• To ensure effective refresher training programmes are regularly undertaken for all PSC staff with competencies and sign off.
• To deliver refresher training to returnees from long term sickness and maternity leave to ensure they are brought up to speed with current processes.
• To provide support to Team Leaders where staff are failing to achieve their objectives and competencies, giving further focused training where necessary.
• To assist in producing and reviewing a competency framework for roles within the Patient Service Centre in conjunction with the Workforce & Training Lead manager.
• To participate in the auditing and quality control of patient calls to ensure a high standard of customer service is maintained across the PSC.
• To produce and deliver training guides and presentations to support new processes systems introduced by the Trust using various modes of delivery
What we’re looking for
• An enthusiastic and committed individual who is competent in hospital systems to be able to work efficiently and stay calm when under pressure, with strong planning, training, administrative and analytical skills.
• You must have good attention to detail and be confident to deliver training within the PSC to ensure staff are training to achieve their competencies.
• A self-starter who can demonstrate the ability to prioritise, multi task and work to deadlines.
• You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You should be flexible, to work within the opening hours of the PSC and able to work across sites in particular the SGH/RSH to provide a comprehensive training service
Interviews will be held on Wednesday, 19 April 2023
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.
This advert closes on Monday 10 Apr 2023