We have a fantastic opportunity within The Richmond Fellowship Scotland for a Team Manager to join our East Fife services.
The services are comprised of a range of floating support services where staff support individuals in their own homes.
As the Team Manager, you will be responsible for creating effective relationships with stakeholders, as well as ensuring TRFS is effectively represented within key partnership forums. You will contribute to the strategic development and management of existing services, ensuring they meet and exceed regulatory requirements, while assisting the Area Manager to develop and implement strategic planning in line with the programme of continual development in both practice and policy.
We currently deliver services to adults with a wide range of support needs including Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behaviour, Complex Needs, Alcohol & Drug misuse, Positive Behaviour Support and Forensic Support. Therefore it is desirable that you have had previous experience in this environment and will work closely with our Positive Behavioural Support Team in relation to the latter.
You will provide dynamic leadership to the Senior Support Workers and staff teams focusing on measurable quality outcomes for both the staff teams and the individuals supported and regular cover of the on call service is essential.
The successful applicant will have relevant experience in:
– The management of Complex Learning Disabilities, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Mental Health services
– A proven history of managing support for individuals within a Positive Behavioural Support framework
– Successfully and confidently leading a significant team of staff and working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary context.
– Managing financial matters in relation to a Service of this size or similar – Being able to manage a budget for the area and take corrective action, where appropriate.
You must have:
– A minimum of 2 years management experience in a relevant field;
– An SVQ Level 3 qualification in Care or an equivalent while SVQ Level 4 in Care/Management is desirable; and
– A Professional development Award within Positive Behavioural support or a willingness to undertake this.
In return we offer:
– An excellent training programme
– The chance to gain accredited qualifications for PBS
– Excellent terms and conditions – including continued professional development
– Pension scheme and excellent annual leave entitlement.
– Access to TRFS Rewards Scheme – A company discount scheme offering discounts for the high street and online shopping.
Please ensure you utilise the five application questions to demonstrate your in depth understanding of the role and expectations of a Team Manager. Please structure your answers using the STAR model. You can find a useful guide on reed.co.uk under Career Advice where you will find information and tips on STAR.
Closing Date: 10th April 2023 (We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time.
PVG checks will be required of all successful applicants; having a conviction will not necessarily debar you from working in this sector.
As part of our compliance checks, all candidates will be asked, if successful, to undergo a risk assessment based on underlying conditions due to Covid-19.
The successful applicant must also register under Supervisors in Housing Support Services and Supervisors in a Care at Home Service with the SSSC on taking up the post
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.