If you’re looking for the next step on your career in social care, you’ve just discovered it.
Our Annaty Service, Perth has 23 en-suite, generously sized studio apartments, which are all fully accessible on the ground floor. We work with our residents to ensure their spaces are as homely as possible.
The idyllic grounds are perfect for our residents, providing green spaces by the river as well as an exciting range of educational, recreational, and therapeutic activities. We strive to support people with disabilities to live their lives to the fullest and as independently as possible.
About the Role
We are looking to recruit a Team Leader who will support our Service Manager in managing our team. As an experienced social care practitioner, you will ensure that our people continue to receive exceptional, person-centred support we provide by being responsible for:
• Rota management
• Staff management, supervision, recruitment, and development
• Managing customer activities
• Health and Safety
• Compiling and checking Care and Support plans for customers
• Management of medicines procedures
• Financial management for customers (dependent on service)
• Liaising with families, health and care professionals and social workers
• Sleepovers & on-call support (dependent on service – if appropriate additional payments are provided)
Location – Isla Road, Perth, PH2 7HQ.
Hours – 37 hours per week. 4 week, rolling rota (working a mix of day and backshifts).
Experience/qualifications/key skills required
Experience of working in a similar role and environment is desirable as is a willingness to take on any personal development opportunities. You should have a care related SVQ Level 3, or the willingness to gain this qualification in a given timescale. You should have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
• Competitive salary – £29,535.75 (£15.31 per hour).
• We offer a fully funded SVQ – a qualification which is yours for life.
• 32 days holidays per year, increasing to 37 with service.
• Free PVG checks throughout your employment.
• Up to 8% company contribution pension scheme.
• Up to 3 x annual salary death in service.
• Perks at Work – shopping discount scheme.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• 24/7 employee assistance programme.
• Working for us means you would qualify for Blue Light & Concert for Carer discounts
We are One Voice, One Charity, One Spirit, #OneCapability.
Want to be part of this? Apply now.
For more information on this role, you can contact Sam at 01738 632995 option 5 using reference CS230206.1.
We reserve the right to close or extend this vacancy dependent on the number of applications. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Capability Scotland is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
A copy of Capability Scotland’s Equality and Diversity Policy is available upon request from the HR Team.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, we advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest and for taking the time to apply to work with us.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.