The Role: To provide support to a friendly, charismatic young man who has autism, sensory processing disorder and other health conditions. A support worker is required to support him to access the community and build up his self-esteem.
• To join in with his interests, such as fishing (this is extremely important)
• To support him to access and use the gym
• To walk to the beach and other community areas
• To provide and support money management skills
• To take part in activities that will boost his self-esteem
Personal Qualities and Attributes required:
• Respectful of confidentiality and privacy
• Responsible, reliable and trustworthy
• Respectful of dignity and independence
• Good communication skills and social skills
• Experience in Autism is preferred but not essential
Car owner with driving licence and business insurance essential
*This role is a lone working position, and an Enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) is required for all staff undertaking the role*
Hours: 6 hours per week, to be worked a couple of evenings per week. These can be flexible, but not Saturdays.
Job Type: Part time