SPAR Deli Assistant
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 18 – 24 hours per week, evenings and weekends
Location: SPAR Sedbergh, Station Road, Sedbergh, Cumbria, LA10 5DL
A Bit About Us
James Hall & Co. Ltd traces its roots back to 1863 when founder James Hall opened a bacon cutting business and retail shop in
Southport, Lancashire. James Hall Group of Companies has operated in Lancashire for over 150 years. We believe that our success
is due to the team work, skills and commitment of our employees.
G&E Murgatroyd Ltd. & G&E Murgatroyd NECS Ltd. are the Company Owned Stores divisions of James Hall & Co. Ltd. We currently
operate over 150 SPAR stores across the North of England, which include Petrol filling stations, Post Offices, Butchery Units and
Deli’s. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual to join our sales team as a Food-to-go Assistant.
More About the Role
As a Food To Go Assistant you will be customer facing delivering excellent customer service.
Within your role you will exceed the customer expectations by providing expert product knowledge, and have the ability to make
product recommendations and answer any customer queries.
Your day will range from making hot fresh bacon rolls and pasties for our grab and go customers, to preparing our made to order
sandwiches or fresh cream cakes for shoppers, ensuring that we have full and constant availability of our hot food and that our
serve over deli looks too good to resist.
Here’s What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Serving customers, offering great customer service and product knowledge
* Daily preparation of fresh sandwiches, salads, hot food and baked goods.
* Overseeing food levels and restocking on time
* Work within the parameters of food safety, maintaining daily records
* Ensuring all ingredients are covered/date label/stored and rotated
* in line with company policies.
* Opening and closing of the deli including the morning set up and evening close down
* Maintaining and advising customers using a range of self-service beverage machines
* Cleaning of deli equipment and area
* Full training on all aspects of food to go will be provided
A Few Things About You
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Be helpful and friendly and feel comfortable working with the public
* To be enthusiastic, committed and self-motivated
* Adopts a ‘can do’ attitude to challenging situations
* Have a flexible approach to working hours
* To be able to work as part of a friendly team but also on your own
* Previous experience in food led environment is preferred but not essential
* Basic Food Hygiene certificate is preferred but not essential
Why Choose James Hall Group of Companies?
All James Hall Group of Companies have a similar culture and our way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate
people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As a member of our retail division, you can take full advantage of our benefits package, which includes:
* Occupational pension scheme
* Life insurance scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* SPAR discount scheme
* Annual loyalty bonus scheme
* Long service awards
* Cycle to work scheme
* Retail discount scheme
* Paid leave in the event of a family bereavement
* Enhanced Christmas day rate of pay
* Christmas gift
* Training and development
* Apprenticeship opportunities