Estate Planning Solicitor
£30,800-£44,000 plus excellent benefits including annual bonus, 28 days holiday, pension with up to 10% Co-op contribution, and free support for your wellbeing (Work level 6A)
We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between home and any of our offices in Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol, or Stratford upon Avon. Visit colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy for more information.
We’re looking for estate planning solicitors to join our technical Estate Planning team within Co-op Legal Services.
At Co-op Legal Services we do things differently, whether that’s continuously innovating our technology to support your delivery or our tailored internal progression framework to support your development. We’re committed to providing an exceptional client experience and the opportunity to build a rewarding career with us. In this role you’ll manage estate planning cases end to end with a client-focussed approach to targets. You won’t need to bring a following of clients with you as we will source new work for you. We’ve doubled our Estate Planning team within the past few years, and as we continue to grow, they’ll be plenty of opportunity for progression.
What you’ll do
* own caseload of complex Estate Planning cases to include Wills, Trusts and LPAs
* use our case management system to make sure information is recorded accurately
* engage with clients mainly by telephone and email
* work collaboratively with expert support from the team to continually develop your legal skills, administrative support will also be provided at certain case levels
* use your legal knowledge to mentor more junior members of the team
This role would suit people who have
* qualified as a solicitor or chartered legal executive or TEP qualification
* knowledge of tax systems within England & Wales;
* strong attention to detail and the ability to draft documents
* the ability to use your initiative and effectively prioritise your work
* a client-focused approach with the ability to build positive relationships in a remote setting
Here you’ll do work that matters. Co-op is an organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and by contributing to our success you’ll help us to realise our vision of co-operating for a fairer world. You’ll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* private healthcare
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to build inclusive work environments, where our colleagues have equal opportunities to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We’re also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we’ll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We’ll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.
Please note Co-op does not offer visa sponsorship for this role
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.