****Senior Support Worker,*****
****Children with Disabilities****
****short break service****
An exciting position has become available for a full time Senior support worker in a short break service for children and young people aged between 11 and 18 with disabilities.
Hours: – 36 hours per week on a 24-hour rota basis with sleep in.
This will be providing a fun and stimulating short break in a safe, friendly, and homely environment.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Support Worker who is passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of young people and children! This is an extremely rewarding and exciting opportunity.
You will be a shift leader who oversees the activities whilst on shift. You will receive training and supervision to support your personal development.
– providing a safe, stimulating, and caring environment for children and young people and contribute to the day to day running of the home and ensure the home always remains compliant.
– Care planning for individual children or young people, undertaking assessment of need, developing a care plan, identifying agreed outcomes.
– Supporting children and young people in all aspects of their care, personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures.
– Taking a lead role in organising activities.
– Knowledgeable and responsible for the safeguarding of young people and an advocate for the wellbeing of the young people.
– Administration, record keeping.
Must haves: –
– A minimum of Level 3 Diploma in Residential Child Care or equivalent
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Previous experience in leading shifts.
– Sound knowledge and understanding of safeguarding.
– A real compassionate and positive attitude is a MUST
– A positive approach, providing a fun environment for all the children
– Previous experience in residential care is desirable but not essential.
o NEST Pension Scheme
o Life Assurance after 6 months service
o Strong sense of achievement from doing meaningful work
o Generous holiday pay
o Extra week of holiday after 4 years` service
o Access to Perkbox discounts
If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? contact Louise on 0117 9486300