Here at the Richmond Fellowship Scotland, we are currently looking to recruit a 6 month – Temporary Acting Senior Support Worker for our services in West Lothian (Linlithgow area).
The role will include direct support, supporting an individual in the family home. The individual has complex needs, enjoys the outdoors, and has a very active lifestyle.
Applicants will need at least 2 years previous experience of supporting individuals within care and already have or be willing to work towards your SVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care to be considered for the Senior Support Worker role.
Please note that due to service requirements we can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid UK driving licence and access to their own cars. You will be paid for your travel during your shift and there is a fuel allowance of 45p per mile.
About the Role:
Our Senior Support Workers are classed as Front-Line Management staff and as such your duties would fall under three specific areas as follows:
– Coaching and mentoring front line staff while providing appropriate support including regular supervision.
– Identifying the training needs of your team and ensuring that this training is provided.
– Producing the staff rota for your team, taking into account budgetary requirements and ensuring that all staff meet their contracted hours whilst managing holiday cover and absence.
– Developing the ability of your team to produce accurate and effective support plans.
– Covering on-call shift work as and when needed.
– Plan and facilitate meetings with individuals and important people in their lives in order to collate the appropriate information required to write an effective support plan.
– Effectively match supported individuals to staff members, keeping in mind the identified outcomes and goals to be achieved for said supported individual.
– Liaising with external agencies such as an individual’s family or Social Work Services.
– Ensure that the standards set by the SSSC and Care Inspectorate as well as The Richmond Fellowship Scotland’s own standards are always met.
– Positively represent the values of The Richmond Fellowship Scotland when engaging with all external agencies.
Closing Date – 3rd April 2023 (We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time)
PVG checks will be required of all successful applicants; having a conviction will not necessarily debar you from working in this sector.
The successful applicant must also register with SSSC as a Supervisor in Care at Home and Housing Support Services on taking up the post.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.