Senior Sales Assistant (Part Time), Shrewsbury, SY1 1PJ, up to £9.50 (depending on age) enhanced to £10 per hour when carrying out
management duties, 16 hours, plus benefits.
Heron Foods is a food retail business providing its customers with high quality, low priced products. As part of the Heron Foods
and B&M retail business, we have continued with our ambitious and exciting growth plans, now with over 300 stores and with new
store openings month-by-month. B&M Express offers the opportunity to work within a rewarding environment with excellent
development opportunities. This an exciting time to join our business!
As the Senior Part Time Sales Assistant you will be responsible for the following:-
* Helping to ensure the efficient operation of the store, supporting the Store Manager and Duty Manager
* Leading, inspiring and motiving the team
* Responding to customer queries and complaints whilst ensuring high levels of customer service
* Maintaining an outstanding store condition ensuring cleanliness, health & safety legislation and visual merchandising standards
* Maximisation of profitability, meeting of sales targets and motivating staff to do so
* Working within the front and back of the store; working on the till, packing shopping and stock replenishment
Successful Senior Part Time Sales Assistant candidates will have the following:-
* Previous success within a similar role as a Sales Assistant, preferably within a fast-paced retail or hospitality environment
* Ideally have key-holder experience
* An honest and energetic personality who is organised and responsive
* A good work ethic and enthusiasm with an enjoyment that comes from working within a busy and sometimes demanding environment
In return, we offer the following:-
* 30 days annual leave (pro rata if part time) with accrual of additional leave for long service.
* 10% discount across both Heron Foods and B&M stores; double discount weekends throughout the year.
* Wellbeing support via our employee assistance program – LifeWorks, a free, confidential service providing emotional support on
personal or financial concerns.
* Access to BenefitHub for you and your family for exclusive deals and discounts on everyday purchases, eating out, family days
out, financial services etc.
* Ongoing learning and career development including on-the-job training, eLearning or apprenticeships, and the opportunity to
take part in development programs such as ‘Future Flyers’ or our Area Manager Designate program.
* Pension (after qualifying period).
* Opportunities to get involved in fundraising activities with our charity partners.
* Reward and recognition scheme and celebration of long service & work anniversaries.
* Free tea and coffee.
* Refer a friend scheme.
* Uniform provided.
* Product incentives in-store with opportunities to win prizes.
If you have the ambition and drive to succeed within a rapidly expanding business, we want to hear from you.
Please visit http://careers.heronfoods.com/ [http://careers.heronfoods.com/] if you would like to know more about life at Heron
Heron Foods reserve the right to close this vacancy before the stated closing date. Therefore we advise that you submit your
application as soon as possible.
Additional keywords:- Sales Assistant, Customer Service Assistant, Retail Sales Assistant, Sales Advisor, Retail Sales Advisor,
Retail Sales Associate, Cashier, Stocking Assistant, Customer Service Associate, Customer Advisor.