An exciting opportunity has arisen within NHS Shropshire Telford and Wrekin (an Integrated Care Board) for an experienced health care professional with excellent leadership skills and experience
of quality management to join our team of Quality Leads, as their next career move.
This is a full-time position, but flexible hours and part time would be considered. The post location is hybrid working between home, office (Telford) with in person meetings, visits and events, as necessary.
The post holder will entering a supportive environment provided by both the Quality Team members and the nursing structure in NHS STW. They will have access to regular supervision and education and be encouraged to develop their career during their employment at NHS Shropshire Telford and Wrekin.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate skill and expertise in Quality improvement, monitoring and management. They will work closely with commissioning and contracting colleagues, local authorities and health and social care partners in the Integrated Care System as well being encouraged to adopt and share best practice across regional and national networks.
There will be a focus on maintaining excellent multi-agency relationships and co-working, to ensure that quality arrangements are safe and effective. The candidate must also be a proven leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The NHS is the biggest employer in Europe. It’s a world-renowned institution and an exciting place to work, full of challenges and opportunities.
NHS STW nursing and quality directorate supports its workforce in their chosen career path and develop further in post to maintain motivated and progressive teams.
In return, we provide a supportive environment in which to learn and develop, with the opportunity to further your skills and career within an exciting and evolving environment. Joining our inclusive and innovative team comes with a range of benefits including flexible & agile
working arrangements, pension scheme and generous annual leave allowance.
With our training schemes and support networks, you will be empowered to play a leading role in the future of healthcare, whatever your specialism or interest. And as a member of NHS staff you
will receive plenty of discounts too
Improving quality and outcomes
• Deliver excellent quality of care for the area, including identifying needs, contracting, development, assurance and interventions of numerous services
• Ensure the performance management of delivery against such programmes to ensure improvements in outcomes and quality, intervening where necessary to ensure improvement aligned to the ICB’s IAF indicators and strategic plans.
Enabling clinical leadership
• Work collaboratively across the teams within the ICBto develop appropriate and comprehensive systems and processes
• As a senior clinician, provide professional advice and support, supervision to students and colleagu
• Deputise for colleagues as requested ensuring cover arrangements are in place.
Enabling patient and public involvement
• Act as a champion for patients and their interests and involve the public and patients in the policy development and decision-making of the ICB
Promoting equality and reducing inequalities
• Uphold organisational policies and principles on the promotion of equality.
• Create an inclusive working environment where diversity is valued, everyone can contribute, and everyday action ensures the ICB meets its duty to uphold and promote equalit
• Promote effective partnership and cross-boundary working
• Work with key stakeholders in the development of services and strategies.
• Model a collaborative and influencing style of working, negotiating with others to achieve the best outcome
• Support the ICB’s ways of working, model its values and champion the NHS Constitution.
• Operate in a highly political and sensitive environment.
• Support the delivery of assurance processes in quality across the ICB under the direction of the
• Assistant Directors and Executive Director of Quality.
• Support the contracts team to manage the quality aspects of all contracts but especially those specifically assigned within the team.
• Monitor serious incidents reported by providers and ensure lessons are learned and embedded into practice.
• Attend and seek assurance at the health economy’s Serious Incident & Clinical Intelligence Review Meeting, providing challenge where required.
• Carry out planned and unannounced quality visits to providers to gain real time assurance of practice, completing reports on findings within given timeline
• Deputise for colleagues as required.
• Where required, undertake the delivery of project plans, allocating tasks as appropriate, identifying risks, issues and dependencies, considering best practice and current options and ultimately making decisions in the best interest of the project.
• Pro-actively manage stakeholders, respond to and resolve conflict between different stakeholders when this arises through facilitation or other appropriate mechanisms.
• Be responsible for a high standard of work supporting the delivery of work to time, quality standards and in a cost-effective manner.
• Ensure the flexibility of all work if required to meet conflicting/changing requirements.
• Be responsible for the planning and organisation of numerous events/meetings, ensuring communication tools are used to their maximum value for circulating the minutes, agenda and presentations in a timely manner.
• Support other managers as and when required.
• Be responsible for making recommendations, providing advice and able to prepare strategic reports/briefings for the Executive Director, Board Sub-Groups and others as required.
• Draft reports summarising status on issues, appraising outcomes, and providing progress reports for the Executive Director and the Assistant Directors.
• Collate as required, qualitative and quantitative information and lead appropriate analysi
• Analyse, interpret and present data to highlight issues, risks and support decision-making.
Policy and Service Development
• Be responsible for proposing and drafting changes, implementation and interpretation to policies,
• guidelines and service level agreements (SLA’s) which may impact service.
This advert closes on Sunday 12 Mar 2023