About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen, Glasgow or Perth
Salary: £67,506 – £78,474 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
The Senior Project Manager is the point of delivery for operationally critical projects, likely to include a portfolio of related projects, potentially of strategic importance to SSE Group with direct business impact with firm deadlines. A vital part of the role is delivering the requirements as per the customer expectations.
You’ll be responsible for the end to end delivery of the relevant projects through the use of best practice methodologies, ensuring effective control over costs and resourcing enabling the delivery of projects to budget, quality and time. Key to the role is identifying project risks and issues, assessing and recognising criticalities and contingencies.
The Senior Project Manager will need to be focused on targets and requirements, with an ability to be adaptable to meet changing business environments and will provide reports on progress to the relevant Lead Project Manager or Programme Manager.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
– Establishing and maintaining highly effective relationships within projects and other project and business teams to ensure that interfaces work correctly.
– Delivering the projects to the required quality and success criteria as defined in the project definition or Project Initiation Document (PID).
– Management of 3rd parties, acting as a routine contact point between organisation and supplier.
– Managing cross project and programme dependencies, ensuring activities are joined up from an operational and delivery point of view.
– Proactively managing, through appropriate project management frameworks key customer and stakeholder relationships relevant to the project.
– Providing input into the governance process itself, including the methods and tools to be used.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Experience of dealing with multiple capability groups including Procurement and Commercial, Business Solutions, Architecture, Service Delivery, Infrastructure, Facilities Management and Service Management.
– Experience of managing multiple early stage projects through mobilisation and delivery gates.
– Experience of Project Management and Governance processes across a range of functions including, safety, planning, resourcing, financial management, status reporting and risk management.
– Experience of Operational Technology and/or Cyber Resilience is preferred, including a track record of delivering projects in these specific environments.
– Experience of implementing change within a business.
– Understanding of SSE or similar regulated business and the requirements this entails in reporting and governance is desirable.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK’s greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security – we power SSE’s growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.