We have an exciting opportunity for 1 x 20 hours and 12 month fixed term contract for a Senior Catering Assistant to join our friendly, busy & dynamic Catering Team based at The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford.
The post holder will be required to work as part of the food service team in the Catering Department and at ward level at The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford to provide and maintain an efficient catering service for both patient services and commercial services. This will include service of patient meals at ward level; working in the main kitchen area assisting with food preparation and cleaning and working in the central dish wash and pot area.
This may also include working out of our caffe bistro which is located in the women’s and children’s area of the hospital.
If this sounds of interest to you we would welcome your application.
• General cleaning duties of all areas in accordance with the departments cleaning schedules using the appropriate cleaning materials/chemicals/equipment for the job, and using personal protective equipment PPE as appropriate and required for the job.
• Responsible for complying with good hygiene and health & safety practices within the department in accordance with standing operating procedures and current Food Safety and Health & Safety Legislation.
• Ensure high standards of personal hygiene are maintained in accordance with the Trust Food Safety Policy Code of Practice 4 in Personal Hygiene and current legal requirements.
• To ensure the correct storage and stock rotation takes place within all Patient and Commercial services in line with HACCP principles.
• To complete appropriate HACCP food safety documentation including taking and recording food temperatures for the departments HACCP Food Safety Management System and take
corrective action where necessary. E.g. recording food temperatures at ward level.
Our catering department at The Princess Royal Hospital caters for not only patients but two thriving retail units, one being the Apley Restaurant which can be used by staff, patient and the general public and also our exclusive Caffe Bistro which is situated in the women’s & children’s main atrium, both retail outlets serve a variety of hot and cold beverages and also hot and cold meals, there are also numerous vending machines around the hospital that offer both hot & cold drinks and also snacks.
Our patient catering service is a cook/chill system, and we have a variety of menu options on each menu service, we use an external supplier for our cook chill food.
Working for the NHS has great benefits:
• Generous annual leave allowance
• child care voucher scheme
• flexible working
• Competitive Pension available
• Weekend Enhancements
• Full uniform provided
For full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.
This advert closes on Monday 10 Apr 2023