The Clinical Engineering department provides a comprehensive maintenance service for the broad range of medical devices used within the clinical areas in the trust.
The department consists of a specialist team who are engaged in overseeing all aspects of medical equipment management. This spans from device trials, commissioning new devices, installation through to maintenance and eventual disposal.
The Senior Bio-Medical Engineer role will work as a lead specialist engineer within the Clinical Engineering department.
You will be responsible for the acceptance testing, repairs, calibration and preventative maintenance on a wide range of complex, high risk, patient-critical medical devices and check that the devices perform to the manufacturer’s specification.
Closing date of applications: 9th April 2023
Interview date: 21 April 2023
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
In return we will offer:
• Development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development
• On-going support through every step of the way from recruitment to when you join our team and beyond.
• A variety of other staff benefits including employee assistance programme, discounted gym membership, onsite fitness classes, car schemes
Key Facts about our Trust:
• Our hospitals see more than 4,000 outpatients daily
• We see more Trauma & Orthopaedic outpatients than any other Trust – over 3,300 per week
• An average 860 patients are seen in A&E every day – 6th largest in the country
• Our hospitals admit more than 220 emergency patients daily.
• We carry out more planned surgical operations than any other Trust in England with almost 50,000 operations taking place in our 52 operating theatres
• We are one of only 5 Trusts nationally with more than 50 operating theatres
• We carry out more than 300 elective procedures each working day
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification. To apply please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB – this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
This advert closes on Sunday 9 Apr 2023