At Common Thread are dedicated to leading in the creation and provision of innovative healing environments for children and young people who have been hurt by trauma, abuse and neglect. We are continually evaluating experiences and outcomes to ensure children and young people, and their carers have a positive experience of being part of the CTG.
We are also committed to identifying gaps in service provisions on a National and UK basis. One such gap, identified via the Nation Care Review is a service for girls that acts to divert them from being placed in Secure Care.
‘The Promise,’ specifically mentions the use of secure care for girls:
“Specific residential, therapeutic settings for girls who have been sexually abused and exploited must be developed. Those girls must not be held in inappropriate settings. Their deep pain and trauma must be recognised across services and settings that uphold their rights and meet their needs in an informed and therapeutic way.” (pg. 81)
Staff will be highly trained on key models and approaches that will meet the girls needs and all staff will undergo a bespoke training programme before commencing employment.
We’re looking for dedicated, nurturing and fun people who are passionate and committed to making a difference to the lives of vulnerable young girls and have the drive to grow and develop in a professional environment.
We’re looking for a full and part time staff members in our Perth service.
There are many benefits working with Common Thread detailed below:
· 10 days training when you start and further development throughout your career with Common Thread
· Shift patterns which promote healthy psychological and physical recovery. Benefits include:
· Free external counselling to all our staff
· Creative supervision
· Opportunities for development and career progression
· Annual events including our Children’s Christmas Party
· Paid Membership to the Hospital Saturday Fund which helps cover the cost of healthcare that is not covered free by the NHS such as dental and optical bills.
· Private Health Cover
· A 24/7 employee assistance and counselling programme
· Employee medical benefit scheme
· Employee discount scheme
Each working day at Common Thread will be different from the last. Your main responsibility will to be look after the wellbeing of our young people but your day-to-day tasks will change from going out on activities with young people, taking them to school or family contact etc. For further information please look at our application back on our website.
FULL MANUAL UK DRIVING LICENCE REQUIRED
If you have the drive to make a real difference and would like to join the Common Thread family, please click the apply button above.
Please note that CV’s will not be accepted, please complete our online application form.