Do you like providing hands on care and support to people? Do you enjoy empowering them to be as individual as possible? Do you enjoy working independently? If so, then come join us in Intermediate Care.
Committed to outstanding levels of care, you will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team which consists of Rehab Support Workers, OTs, Nurses and Physiotherapists to support patients in their own homes. This will be either to avoid hospital admissions or support patients on discharge from hospital. You will receive lots of training to help you reach your full potential in the health and care setting.
You will need to be confident working on your own in patients’ homes, able to escalate issues and concerns for patient safety and be happy promoting patients’ independence by utilising rehab techniques as well as providing personal care to patients who are convalescing as well as to palliative patients. Excellent communication skills are essential.
You must be able to travel independently between patients’ homes and will need business insurance.
You will be rostered 37.5hrs over five shifts per week between 8am-9pm, seven days a week.
• Lone working with patients in their own homes
• Providing personal care support and rehab to patients
• Providing care to patients who are end of life and support to their family
• Supporting development of the service
• Work shifts between 8am-9pm, seven days a week
• Independent car driver with business insurance
• Support within skill set to wider community services as required
• To work within scope of practice, only delivering treatments to patients in which you have been assessed as competent
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We have three main hospitals – Frimley Park in Frimley near Camberley, Heatherwood in Ascot and Wexham Park near Slough.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other,Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital’s NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialties.
We will expect your values and behaviours to mirror those of the Trust, available at:
• To provide high quality clinical care to patients under the indirect supervision of Nurses and Therapists in Intermediate Care
• To undertake rehab with patients to help them gain independence while living in their own home
• Ensure high standards are maintained in a safe environment, which promotes equality and sensitivity for all individuals
• To participate in continuous professional development and other team activities
• Carry out a range of clinical and non-clinical duties
For a full list of responsibilities, please see the attached job description.
This advert closes on Tuesday 11 Apr 2023
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.