About The Role
Delivering what we promise
Morrison Water Services part of the M Group Services Water Division are the leading service provider in the water and wastewater infrastructure sectors in the UK. As a division, we employ circa 3000 people across the UK and we are looking for aspiring people like you, who are keen to continue their career within the Commercial Sector.
Our people provide essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the water and wastewater sectors in the UK and Ireland. The Water Division provides a broad range of technical capabilities to our clients ranging from asset condition assessment to design, build, commissioning and completion. With a 2.1billion order book and turnover at 450 million, we are market leaders in our field. Joining us gives you the scope and ability to work for an organisation who are not only invested in your career, but your future too. Sound interesting?
Being a part of Morrison Water Services, you’ll be joining a value-based business, we pride ourselves on living our values while we work!
Safety: putting health, wellbeing and safety of people first
People: engaging and empowering everyone to deliver and grow
Delivery: helping deliver our clients business needs
Integrity: behaving respectfully and in a sustainable manner to the individual, our communities and the environment, maintaining accountability and honesty in the way we work
This role will be based in the Redhill/Surrey region with a mix of office, site and home working.
Where we are able, we work flexibly. Believing that empowered colleagues are happier and more productive. In this role, there will be opportunity to work in a flexible way, splitting your time based on business need between site, the office and home. Your contract location will remain as your place of work. Flexible and hybrid working is managed on a case-by-case basis so please don’t be afraid to ask in your interview about the flexibility available.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be part the Commercial Team and will be responsible for carrying out the administration of the commercial and financial aspects of the Capital Delivery Frameworks in the region. The role will involve working closely with the delivery team delivering both clean and waste infrastructure projects.
As the Quantity Surveyor your duties and responsibilities will be:
– Carrying out the day to day administration of the commercial and financial aspects of projects.
– Close liaison with the Project Management Team(s)
– Preparing Cost and Value reporting
– Preparing commercial performance reports
– Manage procurement including labour, plant, materials and subcontract
– Demand forecasting
– VOWD forecasting
– Cost control
– Cash collection
– Subcontract management and liaison
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
– A degree/HND or equivalent in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying or other construction related subject or substantial previous experience in a similar position
– Experience in the Water/Utilities sector would be advantageous
– A commercially and contractually astute individual that takes ownership of performance
– A proactive person with a disposition to take action pre-emptively to manage risk and opportunity
– Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
– Results driven individual with the capability of working on their own initiative
– Ability to deal with large amounts of data accurately and efficiently
As a valued employee of the M Group Services Water Division, you’ll be entitled to:
– Company car and Fuel Card with a range of Hybrid and Electric Cars
– Private Health Care
– Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
– Matched Pension Scheme
– Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
– Opportunities to progress in a successful company
– Life Assurance
– Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
– The option to take out Personal Accident Insurance
– The option to partake in Payroll giving
– Salary Finance – an online portal offering financial support via articles, videos and blogs. You can apply for loans and savings schemes via payroll
– 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
– Cycle to work Scheme
Who doesn’t like a discount? You will have access to your ‘My Rewards’ portal. This provides amazing reductions on 1000’s of purchases including Mobile Phone, Utility bills & top retail brand discounts.
Here’s a few so you can see the type of saving’s you can make:
– Up to 7% discounts on major supermarkets
– Up to 52% on Cinema tickets
– Up to 33% on holidays and travel
– Up to 10% on restaurants and takeaways
– Up to 25% off gym membership
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
About The Company
M Group Services delivers a range of essential infrastructure services within the water, energy, transport and telecommunications sectors in the UK & Ireland. We have built and maintained relationships with our clients over a number of years and have a strong culture that continuously focuses on safety, operational delivery, efficiency and customer service. We are committed to profitable growth both organically and through acquisitions. M Group Services, a trusted employer to over 10,000 skilled specialists working from 240 locations, operates a divisional structure aligned with its end markets.
At M Group Services we recognise and value the benefits from our workforce diversity. We work hard to build and maintain inclusive environments and develop a culture where our people feel included and valued.