This new role supporting the introduction of a new digital safety management system throughout the Trust. Working with the Health & Safety team to support frontline and corporate services to move across to a new cloud base digital system. Candidates will need to be IT literate, to learn new systems, with good communication skills to liaise with people at different levels of seniority and technical understand.
This is an exciting, fixed term position that will give the successful candidate great exposure around the Trust and the opportunity to be part of a Trust wide improvement project.
This role sits within the Quality & Safety Department, working with specialist leads, corporate and frontline services to support the many different aspects of quality and safety across the organisation. As a team, we’re flexible and supportive, responding to the needs of the organisation. As such, staff often develop and progress, leading to further opportunities.
The role will provide comprehensive support to the Quality & Safety Department and Health & Safety team ensuring work processes are managed efficiently and effectively. The role will have a particular focus on:
• the implementation of a new cloud base digital system
• providing support services on many different aspects of the new system
• the management of incident and risk data systems (e.g. Datix);
• supporting different governance and specialist subject meetings.
• the collection, quality, and cross checking of data to support quality and safety related work streams; and
• co-ordinate the support workload within team to meet the requirements of the department.
A high level of initiative, knowledge, tact, diplomacy flexibility and effective communication is required, to all levels of management and staff, ensuring a high level of confidentiality is maintained. We are looking for a self-motivated, creative, and dynamic person who has proven experience of organising meetings, working with database systems and possesses extensive IT skills.
Project and Support Team work closely with expert leads, enabling us to focus on improving quality and safety outcomes for patients and staff.
This role will be working as part of a central team, working closely with the Health & safety team, liaising with subject experts across the Trust, operational colleagues and corporate services.
Communication and Working Relationships
1. Working with colleagues and liaising with other corporate services.
2. Understand the responsibilities of the senior managers and ability to work within procedures which are specific to this role.
3. Provide cover for colleagues during periods of sickness or leave as required.
4. Assist staff, patients, and public in a sensitive and caring manner during incidental or planned contacts.
5. Liaise with external organisations including regulatory bodies including the Care Quality Commission.
1. Assist with the implementation of a new cloud base digital system (EVOTIX) throughout the Trust, providing support to Leads and Managers.
2. Help with the management of incidents/risks on Datix and provide Datix administration tasks, to ensure the software system works effectively.
3. Carry out word and data processing as required by department in a professional format including preparation of reports, minutes, presentations and specifications and drafting response as and when required.
4. Planning and ensuring arrangements are made for complex meetings/ awaydays/ training workshops/ panels of varying sizes and determine how these functions are to be organised, both internal and external. This includes booking appropriate venues if held off site, equipment, refreshments if required along with items specific for the requirements of that meeting.
5. Responsible for compiling and circulating agendas and papers, taking minutes as required within agreed timescales and Trust protocols.
6. Co-ordinate and assist in the preparation of reports for Trust groups/committees and other external meetings or agencies as required ensuring that all papers are proof-read before circulation and submitted in a timely manner.
7. Filing and organisation of papers and electronic data including database development and maintenance
8. Assist with diary management and training arrangements.
9. Raise orders against budget as required within the agreed limits and maintain electronic records of spend.
10. Assist in project work, collating data and information into appropriate formats to deadlines.
1. Any other office or support activities, including (but not limited to):
2. Use of initiative and judgement as to which information it is appropriate to impart to others, either internally or from external organisations.
3. Implement secretarial and administrative policies and propose changes to working practices to effect improvement.
4. Check email accounts, mail and take appropriate action, using initiative to redirect documents/ correspondence to the appropriate team or Director/ Manager.
5. Undertake, without supervision the acknowledging and responding to certain written and verbal enquiries and bring forward and follow up as appropriate.
6. Planning and organisation of own time, making decisions on prioritisation of workload.
7. Ensure minutes and papers for meetings are available in a timely manner.
8. Maintain an efficient filing system, archiving and culling as appropriate to Trust policy.
9. Maintain an up-to-date contacts list/address book.
10. Deal with any complaints in an empathic manner, noting details, passing on information to the appropriate person/department ensuring follow up occurs in an agreed timeframe.
11. Assist other staff at all levels in the use and development of office equipment and the use of specific information technology applications to support their work and the development of their skill set.
This advert closes on Monday 10 Apr 2023