• Up to £28k per annum (depending on experience)
• Up to 25 days annual leave + stats (PLUS loyalty increases)
• Contributory pension scheme (ER matched)
• Healthcare Cash Plan
• Life assurance
• Other employee perks
We are working with a successful manufacturing and distribution business in the Telford area who are at an exciting point in their organisational journey. They have an exciting opening for Purchasing Assistant to join their friendly Purchasing and planning team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Procurement Manager with the purchasing and inventory for an allocated material / supplier portfolio. This is an exceptional opportunity for a keen and enthusiastic purchasing assistant to join a growing business who support and encourage professional growth.
The Purchasing Assistant will be getting involved in:
• Ensuring all raw materials requirements are met by raising appropriate purchase orders
• Chasing and expediting purchase orders with suppliers to ensure material availability to meet production schedules
• Ensuring supplier deliveries are booked in
• Ensuring any discrepancies for goods received Vs goods ordered are investigated and resolved
• Maintain stock levels for materials / consumables and packaging items to ensure availability for manufacturing
• Monitor supplier performance and ensure any returns are processed efficiently
• Previous experience in a Purchasing Assistant / Purchasing Administrator / Materials Control / Inventory control role
• Good working knowledge of MRP / ERP Systems
• Previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
The application process:
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you’re not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you’re seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you’ll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.