Acorn by Synergie is seeking a Project Manager for their client that specialise in the supply and installation of pallet racking, shelving systems, mezzanine floors and partitioning for commercial and industrial use.
The salary for this position is Circa £35,000 per annum + a car for the right candidate.
* You will be responsible for processing of projects from point of order to completion, including checking of design and ordering materials, booking of sub-contract labour, booking and ensuring cost-effective use of plant and equipment on site
* To meet performance targets of on-time completion, customer satisfaction and cost control, you will have the ability to work with clients, manufacturers and contractors to achieve results without compromising quality or safety
* Your bias for action will enable you to manage a number of projects at various stages of completion and your construction/engineering background will enable you to manage all technical interfaces both internally and externally that affect the project
* To ensure that progress is reported regularly and effectively and potential problems, i.e. Technical, Contractual, Cost & Programme issues, are highlighted at the earliest opportunity to the MD as appropriate
* Maintain a close working relationship with Customers, Suppliers and Sub-contractors
* Demonstrate appropriate awareness of design and manufacturing capabilities and processes within our supply chain network and liaising with clients with regard to design and installation
* Develop and maintain product knowledge to ensure that each project is fully understood and therefore co-ordinated with the various internal functions.
* Work within the procedures & processes laid down by the company
* Ensure that all activities with regard to the CDM (Construction, Design & Management) Regulations are carried out in a risk determined and safety assured manner.
* Development and maintenance of highest levels of on-site health and safety.
* Conducting pre-installation site surveys and Toolbox Talks and management and motivation of sub-contract labour teams to deliver projects within the programme and to the required expectations of the customer.
* Good interpersonal & communication skills
* Good telephone manner
* Self motivated, confidant dependable
* Team player with flexible approach to working in a small dynamic team environment
* Results-focused, prepared to expend the necessary effort to fulfil the requirements
* Good basic computer skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, Access & AutoCAD
* Willing to learn new programmes Auto Cad, Dexion Design System Tools
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.