About the Role
Base Location: Perth/Glasgow/Inverness/Aberdeen
Salary: £51,600 – £77,400 + Car Allowance + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have 4 fantastic new project management roles with one of our two onshore Large Capital Delivery Teams. In the first instance the roles will involve the leadership and delivery of the following projects:
A large overhead line refurbishment and reconductoring project in Argyll and Bute (construction due to commence Q3 2023)
Various works planned to commence on site in Argyll in late 2023 relating to a major transmission reinforcement project (2 roles).
A major 400kV GIS and voltage control substation in Perthshire (construction has commenced and energisation is planned for 2024 with further works on the site planned into 2026).
The value of these projects range from between £20 – £100m. The initial projects identified for these roles are in Perthshire and Argyll, but future opportunities / projects exist across the North of Scotland. There is an expectation that Project Managers will be on site a minimum of 2-3 days per week once the construction phase is underway. Project Managers can be based out of any of our base locations.
Experience in the Electrical Transmission industry would be great, specifically focused on overhead lines, or substations (including GIS and voltage control), but experience in managing major complex projects from other industries, coupled with the desire and ability to learn will be equally considered.
Due to the location of our projects, there is a need to have an applicable drivers licence.
Reporting to a Lead Project Manager, the key duties and responsibilities include:
– Leading the SSE project team and working alongside multiple stakeholders and external contractors, to ensure project excellence is achieved and deliver on our promises.
– Managing the refinement and execution of large capital projects, ensuring the safe delivery of high-quality outputs to programme.
– Delivering best value through the project lifecycle by leading the project team to effectively procure and manage key contracts,
– Alignment with the SSE Safety Culture and core leadership values.
– Align delivery of the project to the Transmission RIIO-T2 Business Plan and our 5 clear goals.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– A strong engineering or construction background, ideally with overhead lines or substations (GIS, or voltage control) experience including safety and CDM regulations and demonstrable experience in the successful delivery of major projects.
– Experience of the reporting and management requirements that come with such a role and an in-depth understanding of the administration of the NEC3 suite of contracts will be an advantage.
– An understanding of developing and managing integrated project programmes including experience of the tendering processes for the engagement and management of suppliers including multi-disciplinary contracts.
– The ability to accurately forecast and control costs, understand Industry legislation, Health and Safety Legislation and SSEN Company policies and procedures.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the North of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK’s greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a Network for Net-zero.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on or 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal record and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.