Location: Carlisle, GB, CA11 9SY
Onsite or Hybrid: OnSite
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Penrith, UK – Onsite
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 48749
Build the future
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Manager at our Skelton site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Project Manager role is based within our Mission Systems business area.
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers’ needs.
The difference our new Project Manager will make:
As a Project Manager, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. An exciting opportunity exists for a Project Manager to work in a leading defence technology company delivering a wide range of design, manufacturing and operational support projects to defence customers from our Skelton Offices based near Penrith, Cumbria.
Day to day, you’ll deliver project scope in accordance with commercial requirements and customer needs. You’ll plan, implement, monitor and control the project scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, quality and HSE requirements and also plan and control finances by means of accurate estimation, forecast to complete and strong monitoring and control of spend. You’ll also actively identify, plan and control risk and opportunity to maximise value for the customer and our business.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is based Onsite at Penrith.
* Can work collaboratively and build strong and influential relationships with key stakeholders, including our customers, internal delivery team and site management, to deliver our strategic objectives
* Has excellent listening and communication skills, with the ability to relate to, influence and coach supervisors and employees at all levels of the organisation
* Is a self-starter, who is performance driven – with a desire to make significant contribution/impact.
* Is a critical thinker – who can understand complex issues (balancing the detail and the big picture), using insight/data (evidence) and their judgement to make good decisions
* Demonstrates commercial awareness with a good understanding of the business environment including customers, competitors and suppliers
* Has good knowledge of project tools and techniques including Microsoft Project (MS),and is competent in MS Office
* You must have the ability to acheive DV clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
* Employee Share Plan
* Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
* STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 03/04/23