An exciting opportunity has arisen for Project Buyer to join one of our key Engineering clients based in Milton Keynes on a permanent basic.
The successful Project Buyer candidate will be responsible for Purchasing goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, considering price, quality, and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
As a Project Buyer you will work on site Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week on a salary of £34000 per year providing you are CIPS level 3 qualified. If not, you start on a salary of £31000 and then increase upon passing level 3 qualifications.
(Our client are able to put you through a CIPS when you join the position)
The duties and responsibilities or a project buyer include:
· Source, build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
· Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules for materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
· Maintain purchase records and other important data.
· Review all vendors and suppliers on regular basis
· Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
· Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes within new projects and activities.
· Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity in terms of delivery and/or pricing, which may impact on business operations or profitability, to the relevant organisational departments
Requirements for a successful Project Buyer:
· Previous experience in similar environment
· Assertive, resilient and welcomes change.
· Is self-aware and optimistic
· Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working together.
· CIPS Certification
* If you are a Buyer and would be interested in this role then please click to apply *
** TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection or application process due to disability or a long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you. **