At Brightwork Glasgow, we are recruiting a Procurement Specialist to work with our client based in Paisley. This an excellent opportunity to work for a leading medical manufacturing specialist with a wide presence.Job DetailsPosition: Procurement Specialist Type: PermanentDays: Monday to FridayLocation: Paisley As a Procurement Specialist, you will match purchase orders with the MRP system. You will manage necessary materials delivery times within budget and meet the predetermined standards and quantity set by the business. Maintaining and preventing wastage of materials and amending demand levels in line with exception reports. Main Responsibilities / Duties
• Benchmarking and selecting competitive suppliers for order placement.
• Evaluate new suppliers’ quality using relevant approval systems before adding them to the approved vendor’s list.
• Managing supplier compliance set by service level agreements in line with terms and conditions of purchase.
• Managing inventory shortages or overstocking, generate an MRP report.
• Working closely with company suppliers to ensure the quality of supply.
• Managing invoices and any purchase order receipts queries.
• Working to timeframes for critical components in line with purchase order & schedule requirements.
• Managing supplier performance with scorecards to monitor and enhance the performance of current suppliers.
• Regularly meeting with suppliers to boost the business presence in the market, improve communication, and enhance service levels.
Experience / Skills
• Ability to communicate both verbally and academically
• Proficient in using MS Packages and MRP/ERP system
• Educated to HNC or HND Level
• CIPS Level 3 would be desirable but not essential
Brightwork Ltd offers the services of an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.