Delivery Postie with Driving
Job reference: 292587
Location: Sturminster Newton Delivery Office, DT10 1DJ
Job type: Permanent contract
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day, between Wednesday – SundayWorking between 09:00-17:00 Wednesday to Saturday working at Surminster Newton Delivery Office and 08:00-16:00 Sunday working at Blamford Delivery Office The above times may vary, must be flexible to work between the hours of 07:00-19:00 to cover sick and annual leave There has never been a more exciting time to join us! We are reinventing Royal Mail for the future and now is a perfect time to join us on that journey. Each year, we make billions of deliveries possible. Whatever the weather, come rain or shine, we show up. Because for us, it’s personal. For every person, from every walk of life, we deliver. From exam results and tax returns, to wedding invites or online purchases. You could be part of it. Part of the fabric of the nation, bringing trust to the doorstep. A Postie. Delivering for your local community, because you care about the people. The excited faces that open front doors and the small businesses run from bedrooms. It’s a physical job – but it keeps you fit. Interested? Join us and make a difference to the place you call home. A bit about you • Upbeat, independent and self-motivated
• Organised, punctual and ready to deliver great customer service
• Think of yourself as a people-person and a friendly face in the community
• Happy walking for long periods and working outside in any weather
• Has a strong sense of community and takes pride in what you do
• Has a full UK manual driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points What we do for you To deliver on our ambition we want the best and that’s why we’re delighted to offer market leading pay and benefits for our sector. For bringing your best and serving our customers with pride, you can expect to receive: • Pay that’s 10% above the market average in our sector, paid monthly with an hourly rate of £11.59p/hr
• Overtime 1.25x the normal hourly rate
• 22.5 days holiday, rising with length of service (pro-rata)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Lots of opportunity to develop a career
• Full uniform provided if you’re on a contract of longer than three months
• Excellent maternity / paternity leave policy
• Various discounts including high street vouchers, travel and attraction discounts, and savings on beauty products and gym membership• Overtime is available – no guarantee• May require to work in other offices Time to apply Ready to become a Postie and deliver for the people in your local community? Hit the apply button now. If your application is successful, we’ll invite you to a telephone interview. We plan to hold them from 30/03/2023, so make sure you’re available before applying. Trust is important to everything we do in Royal Mail. We want to build that trust from the very beginning of your journey with us. The first step is your interview; and we mean your interview. We want to give you the opportunity to present us with your best examples. As a result, we will provide you with your interview questions ahead of the interview taking place, to allow you time to prepare in advance. We want to be transparent about what kind of qualities we are looking for and what a job with Royal Mail entails. Trust on the doorstep starts with you. Please ensure your contact details are up to date when submitting your application.
We’re an inclusive employer and welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds. We’re committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.