University Hospitals Dorset are looking to recruit 3x Porter & Security staff to provide an efficient & effective service to all wards and departments within the hospitals, 24-hours, 7-days a week.
• Transport patients to and from various locations within the hospital in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner, ensuring the safety, reassurance and comfort of patients
• Transport medical and non-medical equipment, to include but not limited to general and clinical waste, linen, pharmacy boxes, gas cylinders and furniture to and from various locations on Trust sites in a prompt and efficient manner
• Patients will be transported using wheelchair, bed or trollies; with or without oxygen and when necessary, accompanied by a Nurse Escort
• Respectful removal of the deceased to the Mortuary and completion of the necessary entries in the Mortuary Register
• Delivery of ‘out of hours’ clean linen and equipment to all wards/departments
• The daily collection of Pharmacy boxes from wards and departments for restocking and distribution
• Maintain an effective delivery service across the hospital ensuring that all requests for the collection and delivery of specimens and notes are promptly responded to in a safe and confidential manner
• Operate vehicles, to facilitate transportation of items around trust sites to include off site collections and deliveries to outside agencies
Base Location: Bournemouth Hospital
Interview Date: TBC
• Continual monitoring and replacement of gas cylinders to all area
• Contribute to the maintenance of a healthy and safe environment for patients, visitors and hospital staff through the proper disposal and or removal of waste, refuse and soiled linen according to agreed protocols and hospital policies
• Respond the requests to move furniture and equipment and to change medical gas cylinders in a safe and prompt way, ensuring that removals and changes are carried out without damage to the equipment or its surroundings and without risk to patients, staff or visitors
• The delivery/collection of blood products, laboratory specimens and samples to/from wards/pathology using an electronic recording system as required
• Respond to alarm activations, security incidents and ‘2222’ emergency calls to all Trust buildings and grounds
• Respond to requests to assist with aggressive and abusive behaviour from patients and visitors in a firm and tactful manner, ensuring that their personal safety and the wellbeing of staff, patients and visitors is maintained
• Proactively assist with Close Observation of patients that may be at risk of absconding or harm to themselves or others
• Apply appropriate Prevention Management of Violence & Aggression (PMVA) up to and including restraint techniques as situations dictate
• Undertake any further Portering/security duties to reflect an effective, evolving health care service
• Provide support for Helicopter take-offs & landing
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued team mates and colleagues.
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert.
This advert closes on Monday 13 Mar 2023
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.