An exciting opportunity has arisen within North Bristol NHS Trust’s Temporary staffing department; NBT extra.
Placement officers are required to work within a dynamic team within North Bristol NHS Trust’s temporary staffing bureau. You will play a critical role in keeping the hospital running by coordinating the timely flow of temporary staffing, providing temporary staffing for all staffing groups.
Paying up to£21,730 plus unsocial payments, with excellent pension and benefits – including up to 20% NHS discount from a huge range of retailers for meals, clothes, phone, travel etc. AND, in the NHS you start on 27 days of annual leave (PLUS bank holidays) which increases up to a maximum of 33 with continuing service!
Monday to Friday 6.30 – 22.00
Saturday & Sunday 6.30 – 20.00
Flexible working – Either Part time or Full time will be considered
As a Placement Officer within NBT eXtra – the Trust’s temporary supply of temporary staff from our database to fill vacant shifts called in by hospital managers. Key duties will therefore include:
• Taking requirements from managers and logging them on the system
• Identifying, contacting and booking staff from our database to fill empty shifts
• Providing a high standard of customer service to both managers and temporary staff, predominantly by telephone, but also using email and SMS
As the successful Placement Officer you will need :
• Excellent customer service skills with an excellent telephone manner
• Good admin (including PC) skills and experience
• Good Communication skills both written and verbal
• The ability to work within a team and under own initiative
An understanding of the different types of staff group within a hospital setting would also be an advantage
This unique opportunity offers an exceptional service driven individual the next step in their career, the role is varied and at times challenging but plays an integral role in the smooth running of a successful Temporary Staffing service which provides high calibre staff to the organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our forward thinking Trust and be a part of our success. If this sounds like you and you are interested in applying, you should highlight how you meet the criteria through your employment history, qualifications and within your supporting information.
Why apply for a Placement Officer vacancy?
• 37.5 hours per week, including 1 weekend per month
• Shifts will vary from Earlies, Day Shifts and Evenings. Plus 1 weekend a month with days off in Lieu.
• Variety in your day to work day workload
• An opportunity to support one of the largest NHS Trust in the UK
• This is not a Monday to Friday role, applicants will be expected to work shift patterns
If you are looking for a role where you can make a difference then look no further! You will play a critical role in enabling the Trust to improve patients’ lives and make the world a better place!
This role does not qualify as a Shortage occupation role and therefore we are unable to offer a Tier 2 or Skilled Worker Visa for this role.
We are unable to accept applications from candidates who do not have right to work in the UK
The primary focus of this role is to ensure that the temporary staffing requirements of
North Bristol NHS Trust and any other Trusts who are part of the NBT eXtra service are met in a timely and cost effective manner
Working on a rota basis to cover the opening hours of the NBT eXtra service you will
liaise with staff at all levels maintaining effective and professional working relationships.
Implement and abide by Trust Policies covering temporary staffing as appropriate.
This advert closes on Wednesday 12 Apr 2023