The Role: To provide 1 to 1 support to a socialable young lady accessing day centres, the community and to provide personal care.
• To accompany within the sensory den at home
• To assist with standing transfers, but hoisting occasionally needed (Full training to be given)
• Accompanying with hydrotherapy
• Assisting with toileting, and showering
• Accompany and assist to access the community
• Keeping track of appointments and general admin duties
• To assist with equipment, such as Rifton pacer walking frame, wheelchairs and communication aids
• To facilitate activities
• To assist with feeding and drinking
Personal Qualities and Attributes required:
• Respectful of confidentiality and privacy
• Responsible, reliable and trustworthy
• Respectful of dignity and independence
• Good communication skills and social skills
• Punctual, reliable and flexible
• Happy positive attitude, energetic and empowering
Car owner with driving licence and business insurance is essential.
Hours: 24 – 30 hours per week
Monday 9:00 – 16:00, Tuesday 10:30 – 16:00 (Day centre), Wednesday 10:00 – 16:00, Thursday 10:30 – 15:30 (Day centre) subject to changes.
To attend twice monthly evening/weekend friendship group. Local to Dorset.
Pay: £12.00 per hour
Job Type: Part time