Job Reference: 14258WARTG5
Expiry Date: 22nd April 2023
Location: Stratford-upon-avon, West Midlands
Hourly Rate of pay: £11.90PH
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per week: 21 HPW plus Holidays and sickness cover
Applicants must be 21 years of age or over.
When you are Required
Specific days/times required:
• Saturday, 9.00am – 8.15pm
• Sunday, 11.00am – 8.15pm
About the Employer
Young adult, living independently with the support of care team, enjoy socialising, Aston Villa supporter, festival goer, enjoys food and music. Enjoy discussing sports and politics.
Employer Disability and Health Conditions
• Mobility / Physical
• Spinal Chord
• Cognitive / Learning
Other conditions include: Duchenne muscular dystrophy, ASD
The employer’s hobbies and interests:
• Music Festivals
• Football Matches
• Visiting family and friends/girlfriend
Other relevant information
About the Role
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support and/or prompt with personal care. This may include toileting, showering/bathing, getting in and out of bed, getting dressed.
• Support and/or prompt with cooking/meal preparation and eating meals/drinks.
• Support and/or prompt the individual to take medication.
• Assist with household chores and general homemaking.
• Support and/or prompt to attend appointments as necessary, e.g. hospital/doctors.
• Support with food shopping.
• Support to get to and from school/work/college/social activities.
• Support and/or prompt the individual to access sporting and leisure activities.
• Assist and encourage socialisation, participating in activities.
• Promote and encourage friendships and independence.
• Develop a good and trusting one to one working relationship.
• Support with managing paperwork & correspondence .
• Support with gardening.
• Other Duties include: Support with wheelchair, support with use of car, cough assist and night time breathing apparatus, home cooking. Two carers required to accompany on journey’s longer than 15 minutes, carer to accompany into hospital appointments at times in London
Only candidates aged 18 or over should apply for this position as you will be required to administer medication.
The individuals needs may vary from day to day and your tasks may reflect this. You could be required to perform other duties as reasonably required.
You have a responsibility as an employee to report all accidents to the employer immediately. You have a duty to report defects and / or hazards which may give rise to an accident. You are to ensure the safety of the individual at all times.
Due to the nature of the work for which you are applying, this post is subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure (costs will be covered).
Full driving license is essential as the role requires you to drive the employer’s vehicle (employer to check age requirement with car insurance provider).
Full driving license is essential as the role requires you to drive the employer’s vehicle, for insurance purpose you must be 21.
• Be honest, reliable, trustworthy and punctual.
• Maintain confidentiality and respect privacy, including the prohibited use of social media in relation to the job role.
• To be able to work on own initiative.
• To work as part of a team.
• To be able to follow instructions accurately.
• Be patient, supportive and caring.
• Have good listening skills and be able to provide non-judgemental emotional support.
• Be empathetic.
• Previous caring experience is not essential, however you should have a genuine interest in supporting people with a disability/illness to achieve their goals.
• Be able to work flexibly, adapting to the employers needs on a daily basis.
• Flexibility would be an advantage as the hours may be variable.
• Be self-motivated with a willingness to get involved.
• Have a lively personality.
Other skills include: This position can be for 1 PA or shared between 2 PA’s
Successful candidates are required to undertake any training that is considered necessary and appropriate to the role.
Moving and Handling. Training will be provided by the employer.
First Aid. Training will be provided by the employer.
Other training required includes: Health and safety, Disability awareness
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.