Patient Safety and Governance Lead – Surgical Division
Cross Site working with a main base in Basingstoke, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated individual to lead our governance and safety agenda for our team within the Surgical Division . Do you have a proven track record of successful clinical or professional leadership and a passion for innovative and collaborative working?
This role requires the provision of robust governance leadership, ensuring that the Division provides high quality services and is fully compliant with all regulatory requirements to deliver strong quality governance, in support of the Divisional Chief Nurse and Divisional Medical Director.
What we are looking for:
• An expert or professional clinical leader, passionate about risk and quality governance.
• Relevant qualifications with sufficient experience of providing innovative leadership to creating an environment which is always improving, that puts the patient first.
• High levels of organisational and prioritisation skills with a resourceful and professional approach to work.
• Demonstration of excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of clinical and non-clinical staff.
• Broad quality governance understanding and experience to ensure breadth of knowledge enabling resourcefulness, resilience and leadership.
• Drive, ambition with a will to succeed.
We are a forward thinking, innovative, supportive and committed team with a passion for high quality safe patient care whilst ensuring a strong governance adherence. Your development and well-being is important to us and we will work together to encourage you to reach your professional and personal goals.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) provides hospital services to around 570,000 people living in Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire, and specialist services to patients from all over the country. We deliver a full range of district hospital services in a variety of locations.
The Surgical Division encompasses many areas including: Theatres & Anaesthetics, Orthopaedics, Surgery, Head and Neck, Cancer Services, Critical Care, PMI and all of the supporting structures required for these services.
Created in January 2012 the Foundation Trust prioritises the provision of exceptional, compassionate, care delivered by the valued staff working in a culture of collaboration and mutual respect.
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.
This advert closes on Tuesday 11 Apr 2023
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.