About the Role
Base Location: Flexible | We’re proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however, need your base ‘home’ location to be one of our SSE offices or depots in Scotland.
Salary: Competitive dependent on role + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Part-Time | Flexible First options available
A perfect opportunity if you are a working parent looking for family based flexibility; wanting to reduce your hours for life/work balance; moving towards retirement and want to share your expertise, or have other responsibilities that need that flexible approach.
Due to our continued growth within SSEN Transmission, we have several opportunities for part-time Project and Assistant Project Engineers to provide support to our multi-disciplined engineering team working to deliver our ambitious investment plans for the future, particularly the “Pathway to 2030” (https://lnkd.in/eSCXGW_h) and our NetZero 2050 plans. Ideally, we are looking for a minimum of 21 hours a week with flexible working patterns from 3- 5 days. There are various specialisms required which include:
Substations Project Engineer
Civil Project Engineer
Overhead Line Project Engineer
Protection and Control Project Engineer
Cable Project Engineer
Key responsibilities for the role include,
– Creating outline project scopes for new build and asset replacement type projects.
– Reviewing contractors detailed designs.
– Implementing safety by design principals to ensure risks are adequately managed.
– Evaluate tenders and procure and manage specialist consultant services.
What do I need?
To be considered for the positions within the various engineering disciplines we are looking for:
– A good awareness of the technical functions in Transmission, along with an appreciation of legal and regulatory obligations and project governance systems.
– An understanding of the legislation and implications for the Transmission network management for both Assets and Projects, including Construction Design Management & Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity Regulations.
– Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills, with the ability to demonstrate diligence and prioritise tasks.
– Hold a degree or HND in Electrical Engineering or relevant technical experience and ideally be a Chartered Engineer or working towards professional accreditation with a relevant institution.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK’s greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement (pro-rata), enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on or 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.