Location: Shropshire covering Telford, Shrewsbury and Wrekin.
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 25 per week
Salary: £28,632 to £30,000 per annum (Pro-Rata, depending on experience)
Could your skills and experience help vulnerable people who access health care more than expected?
Why this role matters
We’re looking for an experienced outreach worker to join us in Telford, Shrewsbury and Wrekin to work on an innovative NHS programme that helps support people who access health care more than expected (High Intensity Use (HIU) Programme).
You’ll work in the community to help identify and address unmet social needs that may be exacerbating physical and/or mental health. You’ll help people with complex presentations including mental health, substance abuse, multiple long-term conditions and adverse traumatic experiences. They’re often suspicious of formality and offers of support, and your compassionate, authentic nature will help them access the help they need.
You’ll help to lower stigma within the community and change mindsets and behaviours by building strong relationships with partners and stakeholders, such as A&E departments, Community Mental Health Teams, GP surgeries, housing teams etc.
What you’ll bring to the role
* Exceptionally strong ability to connect with other people – you’ll be authentic, relatable and compassionate.
* You understand how the system works and how to help people falling through the gaps.
* You’ve experience in person centred support planning and dynamic risk assessment.
* You’re strong, resilient and courageous, with a real appetite to help some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
* Can think on your feet, with strong negotiation skills
* Meticulous record keeping skills
What you’ll get in return
* Learning Opportunities – Comprehensive learning opportunities for people to develop themselves as well as a bespoke training programme for the role
* Discounts – Access to brilliant discounts on everyday products through the Blue Light Discount Card and our own employee benefits
* And more – a wide range of staff benefits are available to all our employees, such as 36 days holiday, up to 6% pension contribution.
Please visit our career site for further details on our staff benefits.
Due to the specific requirements of this role, there is a need to visit various locations, some of which are remote with no access to public transport, therefore you must have access to a vehicle which you are willing and able to use in conjunction with your duties or be eligible for transportation via the Access to Work Scheme.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 23rd April 2023, with interviews to follow. Please note that due to the high number of anticipated applications we may close this vacancy early.