About the role0 You will be responsible forAs a Shift Leader, My role involves: Coordinate the team to deliver the easiest shopping trip in the community Opening/closing the store and completing duty cover, making sure all decisions are right for customers, colleagues, and everyone’s safety. Being the go-to person for colleagues in the absence of the Store Manager for day-to-day operational queries. Supporting the Store Manager to co-ordinate seasonal, community and charity events, creating a great inclusive atmosphere. Making sure the store is always clean, tidy, and well presented. Prioritise the replenishment of products that matter to our customers. Making sure point of sale and shelf edge labels reflect what good looks like. Taking immediate action for any overcharges and preventing any reoccurrence. Proactively manage queues in store to deliver a great shopping trip for our customers. Co-ordinating colleagues, ensuring they deliver daily priorities and have their breaks at the right time to fit around trade patterns. Being knowledgeable about my store, coordinating others to deliver the practical actions to make improvements. Following company health and safety routines and ensuring colleagues do the same. Delivering communication to the team, ensuring they are kept well informed. Looking at ways to simplify our operations and share these ideas with my Store Manager. Always putting the customer first and consider them in everything I do. Readily available to resolve customer queries, leaving them with a smile on their face. Adjusting the service, I give to each customer to meet their needs. Recognising and celebrating colleagues giving great service. Understanding what may be getting in the way of delivering a great service and helping to remove these obstacles. Resolving colleague’s queries in the absence of the Store Manager, or escalating these to the Store Manager where appropriate Ensuring the store is staffed appropriately, reacting to short term absences/sickness by actively finding cover for shifts. Being a recognised Keyholder for the store, attending alarm call outs where necessary to ensure the safety and security of the store Monitoring and action any internal comms, ensuring messages are actioned in a timely manner and all colleagues are kept informed Coordinating colleagues to meet the needs of customers and the operations of the store, feeding back to the Store Manager any issues with colleagues in the building during shift(s). Balancing your time across service and replenishment areas of the store. Actively support your Store Manager in managing absence within the store, ensuring return to work interviews are conducted for CSA Colleagues and absence triggers reported and acted upon in line with the One Stop absence policy procedures Building meaningful relationships with both your Area Manager & People Partner, ensuring you have the knowledge, ability and confidence to escalate relevant issues in a timely manner, seek out advice and support when needed and benefit from in the moment coaching opportunities. You will needAs a Shift Leader, I will be:
▪ Able to role model great customer service ensuring customers needs are met.
▪ Able to build strong long lasting relationships with colleagues to create a team spirit, encouraging
them to be at their best.
▪ A clear communicator to keep the team well informed.
▪ Confident in taking the lead when in charge of the store.
▪ Flexible in the way you think, making decisions efficiently and handling change to ensure everything
we do is right for customers and colleagues.
▪ Energetic, driving and motivating others to deliver expectations and effectively balance priorities.
▪ Always looking for ideas and opportunities to improve the customer shopping trip and to support
the community As a Shift Leader I always champion One Stop’s Core Purpose and Values Core Purpose
Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day. Values
• Our customers are at the heart of everything we do
• We treat each other how they like to be treated
• We work together as one team
• We make thing’s easier What’s in it for youAt One Stop we value our colleagues just as much as our customers, and part of this is the benefits we offer: 10% Discount in One Stop & Tesco stores Discounted Tesco pharmacy services Discounted shopping website A great holiday package A commitment to your career development Community involvement and charity work Pension Scheme One Stop is a subsidiary of the Tesco Group but is operated as a separate business and as such benefits offered will differ between One Stop and Tesco. One Stop have the right to withdraw the vacancy before the closing date should a successful application be received prior to the closing date. As such we would highly encourage you to submit your application as soon as you can. About usTesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues.
It’s part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work, and we’re proud to have been accredited as one of Britain’s Top Employers again this year.
We’re the UK’s number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, and a vast variety of roles, we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business.
We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It’s our people that make the difference every day – helping us make a difference for our customers
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.