Night Ambulance Crew
£10.79 per hour plus benefits
38.5 hours per week, 4 nights on, 4 nights off, including some weekends.
Gravesend, Kent, United Kingdom.
You’ll need a full manual UK driver’s licence for this job
You can apply for this job on your mobile in a few simple steps – no CV needed.
We’re looking for people to join the Co-op Funeralcare team as night ambulance crew. You don’t need experience to do this job, just a genuine desire to help people at the time they need it most. To help you learn the skills you need to help support families in our care, we’ll support you with training along the way. We’ll also offer you a competitive salary, an excellent pension, and discounts on a range of Co-op products and services.
As a part of a specialist night ambulance service, you’ll carry out the collection and transportation of the deceased coming into our care during night hours. This allows us to have a 24-7 operation, supporting our clients whatever time they need us. You’ll be working on a regular shift pattern, with shifts starting at 8pm and ending at 8am.
What you’ll do
* collect the deceased during the night from a range of locations and scenarios, in a professional, empathetic and dignified manner
* carry out support activities whilst at the funeral home, including the care and preparation of the deceased
* work closely with the wider team to make sure there’s a clear hand-over for daytime colleagues
* update and maintain records, on both written and digital platforms, in line with processes and regulation
* report into the care logistics manager, carrying out any requests as instructed
This role would suit people who have
* the flexibility to work only night shifts
* a full UK manual driving licence
* the ability to act promptly but in a measured and considered way
* the ability take instructions and follow them to the letter, with a high attention to detail
* a calm approach in sometimes distressing situations and the ability to think on your feet
* no problems manually lifting and no specific health reasons to stop you doing so
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including:
* the opportunity to develop your skills by taking on an apprenticeship (only for candidates without previous experience within the funeral industry)
* 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
* a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* access to wellbeing support and other benefits
* discounts on Co-op products and services
* exclusive discounts and offers from a huge range of retailers
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to build inclusive work environments, where our colleagues have equal opportunities to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We’re also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we’ll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We’ll ask whether you’d like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we’ll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at colleagues.coop.co.uk/diversity-inclusion-and-wellbeing.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
If you’re successful in your application, we’ll perform some background checks as part of our pre-employment screening process. These will include a DBS (disclosure and barring service) and adverse media checks, and an occupational health questionnaire (to ensure you are fit to perform the role). We’ll also check your social media activity on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Any offer of employment made will be conditional upon the completion of pre-employment screening checks.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.