Are you an experienced Therapy Assistant looking for a change? Or an experienced Healthcare Assistant wanting to try new areas of patient treatment? An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a Multi Therapy Assistant to join our friendly and dynamic inpatient team.
The post holder will be an integral member of the multi professional Community Inpatient team on Oakwood Unit Prospect Park Hospital in Reading. Oakwood is a 24 bedded unit providing 24hr inpatient care and rehabilitation to adults across the west of Berkshire with a wide range of complex healthcare needs.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, is well organised and is a good team player with a flexible approach.
There is a strong professional leadership structure within our service, that is committed to providing support through supervision, actively encourages personal and professional development and is committed to excellent patient care and service improvement.
Several of our current MTAs in the Trust have progressed to achieve qualifications including NVQ, and sponsored attendance on Therapy Apprenticeship programmes.
Interview Date will be 21st April 2023
• To carry own caseload of patients with simple predictable conditions as delegated by the Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists.
• To carry out personal care duties in accordance with patient goals as identified by the Therapists.
• Assist the patient to recognise when their personal agreed goals have been achieved.
• To communicate relevant information sensitively with appropriate MDT and therapy team members, with consideration for patient confidentiality and in line with data protection guidelines.
• To organise and prioritise own delegated work tasks and activities being flexible to the needs of the service as directed by the therapy rehabilitation team
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated ‘outstanding’ by the CQC, we’re committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
The trust employs almost 5,000 people over more than 100 sites and community settings across Windsor & Maidenhead, Slough, Bracknell Forest, Wokingham, Reading and West Berkshire.
As an inclusive employer, we value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall 100 Top Employer. Whatever your background or individual needs, at Berkshire Healthcare you’ll be supported by friendly and professional managers to succeed.
These are the values that we live by at Berkshire Healthcare:
• Caring for and about you is our top priority
• Committed to providing good quality, safe services
• Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
• Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
• 27 days’ annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell leave
• Generous NHS pension scheme – 20.68% employer contribution
• Excellent learning and career development opportunities
• Advanced IT enablement
• ‘Cycle to Work’ and car leasing scheme
• Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
• Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants via the Blue Light Card
• Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and more to support equality
• Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave and access to our three staff nurseries
• Free on-site parking, but also accessible by public transport.
The “must haves” for this role:
1. Able to work flexibly within a care setting which is a 24-hour service.
2. Willingness to learn new skills.
3. Have excellent communication skills both verbally and written
If you’re someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and let’s be outstanding together.
We welcome a conversation about flexibility and any other questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to call: Aislinn Simons (Therapy Lead Community Inpatients) on 07814068057 or email:Aislinn.email@example.com’ll be delighted to help; Mohamed Abdul (Therapy Team Lead Oakwood) on 0118 9605949 or email:Mohamed.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.
This advert closes on Friday 14 Apr 2023
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.