We are currently assisting a highly respected and growing manufacturing business in looking for a Materials Estimator to join their planning and procurement team.
The company are a well-established bespoke solution provider working within a variety of industries including Aerospace, Defence, Energy and Telecomms. The Materials Estimator’s main responsibility will be to produce accurate and complete materials estimates for business proposals to clients and customers.
Key responsibilities as Materials Estimator:
– Market research for trusted materials suppliers
– Compile quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
– Identify cost effective and suppliers of correct and to standard materials
– Negotiate with suppliers to ensure best prices
– Work with colleague to advise on estimates, costings and material availability
– Effectively collect sourcing information for future company use and records
– Establish and maintain strong relationship with new and existing suppliers
Experience required for the Materials Estimator:
– Proven background in a similar position within manufacturing
– Demonstrable experience in supplier sourcing and negotiating
– Strong communication and negotiating skills
– Detail orientated and well organised
– Solid numerical and mathematical abilities
– Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
Benefits for the Materials Estimator include:
– Option to work a four day week
– Flexible working availability
– Overtime available with this position
This is a full time permanent position for the successful Materials Estimator. For more information simply apply now or call Nathan on 07921479890.