We are looking for a fantastic Marine Technical Assistant to join our Offshore Resources team at our Westhill, Aberdeenshire office on a full time, staff basis.
Reporting to the Marine Systems Technical Authority, the Marine Technical Assistant is part of the Technical & Engineering team responsible for the administration and tracking of rotating critical spares within the fleet and general support within the company planned maintenance system across the fleet(s). The role will act as a technical administrator for all Subsea7 assets specifically focused on maintenance, inventory and technical documentation within the management system. The job holder will have a good knowledge of Ship systems, maintenance, inventory, and administration for the management of sea going assets.
What will you be doing?
• Establish administration work flows and acutely manage rotational spares and equipment within the PMS. Ensuring locations are accurate and up to date. Namely, but not limited to; Thrusters, Turbo Chargers, ROV and Dive Umbilicals
• Support both technical personnel onboard the vessels and the onshore Equipment Managers/Superintendents as required
• Work with the company PMS applications to collate equipment information, build an equipment structure and record equipment maintenance plans
• Contribute to the development of PMS implementation procedures, including philosophy, hierarchy and content
• Contribute to ensuring that PMS documentation accurately reflects the planned maintenance procedures in use both onboard the vessels and in the office
• Assist in the review of outstanding failure reports, with root causes and trends, and sharing fleet improvements from incidents and lessons learned
• Oversee technical library and team worksite within Share point. Providing significant administration support in updating internal documentation, OEM bulletins and technical memorandum
• Support report generation from TM Master and associated dashboards. Particular to KPI’s, Failure reports and overdue maintenance
• Participation in QA audits both internal and external
• Promote planned maintenance across the fleet and encourage users to engage with the systems/procedures in place
What experience would we like you to have?
Please note, if you don’t tick all the boxes below but feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience we’re looking for, please do consider applying. We would encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience.
• A graduate or junior engineer in engineering/technical studies
• Holds a good understanding and working knowledge of maintenance and spares inventory
• A bias related to ship systems, technical management, and planned maintenance systems. (Ideally TM Master)
• Articulate and able to communicate at all levels
• Strong organisational skills with a collaborative and explorative nature
• Self-starter with the ability to ‘think out of the box’ and radicalise improvement opportunities
• Worked previously or presently working within a vessel operator’s technical department, or looking to move to ashore
• Experience of the main Microsoft software packages
• Some database experience in the offshore or maritime industries