About SercoAt Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
– hybrid /flexible workingFull Time, Permanent Between £42,000-£47,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Here at Serco, we are seeking a Management Accountant who will be responsible for providing timely and accurate financial and management information across the Restart contract, assisting where necessary to enable them to make well informed business decisions.
As part of this you’ll:
– Populate the client financial model, ensure full reconciliation to Serco’s financial system and ensure auditable traceability
– Track Serco participate spend and ensure supported by auditable documentation
– Carry out supplier audits of participant spend, sample testing and communicating with external suppliers for documentation to support expenditure
– Analyse data from operations to help support forecasts and predicted spends and outcome revenue forecasts
– Support the business to operate standard cost controls through the provision of data
– Provide ad hoc analysis as required to internal and external customers
– Propose process improvements to increase efficiency, accuracy and control
– Work closely with Shared Service Centre Support to ensure accuracy of postings to enable analysis.
What you’ll need to do the role:
– You will need to be working towards a professional qualification with a recognised accounting body along with relevant experience in finance teams
– Commercially minded and customer focused
– Track record of collaborating with business managers in a complex business environment.
– Experience of adding value in a commercially orientated bidding and contracting environment
– Ability to quickly build knowledge and understanding of the business area and its drivers
– Evidence of ability to influence, listen to and resolve conflicts with key decision makers
– Ability to highlight problems, offer innovative and practical solutions, and drive through their execution
– Strong commercial acumen, as well as demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non-financial business value drivers.
– Translate business requirements into open, honest and transparent insight to help solve business challenges
– Ability to interpret and deal with incomplete data; and the capability to exercise judgement where there is ambiguity
– Evidence of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
– Evidence of building trust with a team; allowing direct conversations and not sanitising messages.
– Experience of having worked successfully in a virtual team
– Adaptable, energetic and a continuous learner
– Strong Excel skills.
Meaningful and vital work: In this position, your work is vital to the business, in terms of decisions and growth. You will gain a world of opportunity working for a globally operating business delivering essential services across 5 vital sectors, personal growth, achievement and development won’t be hard to find. You’ll also work with great people. You’ll find yourself working in a highly motivated, supportive environment where no two days are the same, with experienced colleagues who strive for excellence.
What we offer:
– Flexible working considered
– Pension – 6%
– Bike4Work scheme
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services
– A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
– Serco Benefits
ApplyPlease click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
At Serco, we see people first and foremost for their performance and potential. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation that supports the needs of all. As such we will make reasonable adjustments at interview through to employment for our candidates and strongly encourage applications from a diverse candidate pool. We are open to discussions around flexibility and flexible working. We operate a hybrid work structure in many of our business areas. We are proudly Disability Confident Leader employers and holder of the Silver Inclusive Employer Standard. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.
At Serco we support fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required). Please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000 to discuss.