To carry out routine maintenance and minor repair work to a range of building Services and equipment within Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust and any other Trusts/Organisations to which SCFT provides a service.
The post holder is expected to work largely unsupervised, using their own initiative and apply a flexible attitude and a “can do” approach to carrying out all assigned tasks.
The post holder will be expected to undertake semi-skilled duties to enable
effective maintenance and repair to a wide range of plant and equipment as detailed
• Heating, hot and cold-water systems, waste water systems,
• Generators, air conditioning systems, firefighting equipment, emergency lighting systems,
• Basic carpentry, lock fitting, painting and decorating, general building and roofing works.
• Any other tasks within competency and skillset
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
• Over 8,400 full time, part time and bank staff members
• Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 10,000 children and adults a day
• July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features
• Flexible working patterns offered across all services
• Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
• Accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader
SCFT is an inclusive employer that promotes equality and challenges discrimination, and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, disabled candidates and LGBT+ candidates are particularly encouraged, to ensure the Trust’s workforce reflects the diverse communities it serves.
• Maintain cleanliness and safety of work areas and workshops. Carry out plant room cleaning and ensure all plant areas are maintained at all times.
• Complete regular utilities meter readings for water, gas, electricity, water hygiene checks, fire alarm and emergency light testing
• To record accurately and fully participate in the effective running of a Labour Management system. To keep accurate details of works completed including time, date, job content, location and materials used. Update logbooks, registers, and other statutory records.
• A set of tools appropriate to the duties of the post will be supplied and maintained by the post holder. Power tools and access equipment will be provided for which the post holder will be responsible for the maintenance and security.
• Attend training courses for engineering plant and equipment, statutory training sessions, seminars and courses for the purpose of self-development.
• The post holder must use the personal protection equipment provided and follow health and safety, COSHH and fire safety precautions and ensure that safe working practices are adhered to in compliance with HTM’s, HBN’s and the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
• The post holder will be required to travel between multiple sites to undertake duties.
This advert closes on Wednesday 5 Apr 2023