About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland | We’re proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however, need your base ‘home’ location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: £Competitive + car allowance + performance related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Renewables IT team has a single vision “We underpin the success and support the delivery of the SSE Renewables strategy by partnering with our business colleagues in the evaluation, selection and deployment of technology. Harnessing the power of new technologies and practices is key to accelerating growth, optimising value, and building a sustainable future”. We do this by driving cultural change towards a Digital first mindset, providing access to advanced data services, Operational Technology as well as supporting a wide range of critical complex business applications.
As a Lead Solution Architect within Operations, your role will be to work with Key Business stakeholders to understand the Strategy for each of our key services as well as with Group colleagues to ensure we are providing the latest technology innovations to deliver value. You will advise and guide on cloud technologies, as a first principle, with a pragmatic blend of acceptable risk, long term operability, and cost effectiveness. You will be given a remit around creating a future roadmap for Technology and platform needs for our growing business including International onboarding. You will be responsible for: –
– The creation of, or contribution to, the necessary design activities to support proof of values initiatives through to productionised business critical applications. This will include considerations for all the architectural viewpoints such as process, security, data, and operational.
– Understanding business strategy within the context of their risk appetite, change readiness, process maturity, challenges and impediments, and capability gaps.
– Solution assurance and to ensure its adherence to SSERs risk framework, IT Cyber Security policies, and architectural practices. With innovation in mind, this may require challenging the status quo and thus a need to provide pragmatic and value driven rationale.
– Being adaptable to working within a delivery context regardless of the delivery method and driver, and embrace working towards an outcome. Collaboration is key, as is taking accountability for your deliverables and with any interfaces into centralised IT teams.
– Understanding technology trends and the practical application of emerging technologies to enable new opportunities and/or to evolve existing services and capabilities.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Extensive experience working in IT of which the most recent in a digital experience and services architecture capacity.
– Broad technical knowledge is preferred over specific specialism more so in the recent past. Azure based qualifications preferably aligned to architecture education paths.
– Ability to understand complex business problems and to arrange their resolution such that any dependencies and impacts on the outcome are contextually described.
– Must be willing to take on accountability and deliver against it, regardless of the outcome and in with that goal, be pragmatic, not process driven.
– Must be a personable team player willing to play any role in delivering an outcome and be willing to challenge the status quo in an appropriate and grounded manner.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you’ll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.