A Vacancy at Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust.
If you are looking for a change in job role that will allow you to shape the use of medicines across South West London and Surrey Heartlands, while retaining your clinical expertise we have a great opportunity for you! We are looking for a motivated, dynamic and innovative individual, capable of leading a team and representing pharmacy internally and externally, to become our Lead Pharmacist for Formulary and Medicines Optimisation.
As the Lead Pharmacist for Formulary and Medicines Optimisation you will manage the Medicines Optimisation, High Cost Drugs and Homecare teams. This role is integral to ensuring the safe, effective and appropriate of medicines use within the trust and across the ICSs. You will work collaboratively with internal and external clinicians to enable this ambition. You will also be the Trust lead for the development of a SW London Joint Formulary.
You will need excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to organise and prioritise your work. This post would be ideal for someone looking to develop or extend their clinical leadership, expanding on their understanding of systems working and demonstrating impact. The successful applicant will join a caring pharmacy and trust team. You will be supported to develop clinical, leadership, managerial, research and strategic skills.
All pharmacists participate in seven day working and late duty rotas and you will be part of the Pharmacy Senior On Call team.
• To provide strategic, operational and professional leadership in relation to medicines optimisation, promoting evidence-based, cost-effective use of medicines in the Trust
• Actively collaborate with members of the SWL Joint Formulary Committee (SWL JFC) in the implementation and maintenance of the SWL Joint Formulary ensuring processes are in place to implement the formulary decisions within the trust, maximising compliance and its visibility
• To collaborate with, and provide input into the Surrey Area Prescribing Committee (APC)
• To be the lead pharmacist liaising with the ICSs to improve the use of medicines at the interface between primary and secondary care, actively contributing to minimising variation across SWL and Surrey Heartlands (SH) ICS formularies
• To lead and manage other pharmacy staff working in the Medicines Management team and the High Cost Drugs and Homecare team to ensure service delivery to agreed standards in line with business planning requirements.
• To work with the senior pharmacy management team to implement and manage financial reporting of medicines expenditure across the Trust, identifying and putting plans in place to address cost pressures and delivery of Cost Improvement Plans.
Interview Date: TBC
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust provides a range of medical services to approximately 490,000 people living across southwest London and northeast Surrey. In addition, we provide more specialist services, in particular renal and neonatal intensive care, to a wider area, covering parts of Sussex and Hampshire.
We serve an area that is rich in diversity, with a mix of urban and rural areas, and differing levels of quality of life. We cover some of the most prosperous postcodes in the country, as well as some poorer areas. Together with our colleagues at NHS Surrey and NHS Sutton and Merton, we work to make sure that we deliver the best possible care to the communities we serve.
The Trust employs approximately 5,000 staff across its hospitals and is supported by over 500 volunteers.
See the job description and person specification attached.
Please tell us in your application how you meet the essential criteria in the attached person specification.
This advert closes on Tuesday 11 Apr 2023