Intensive Care Unit
Band 7 Sister/Charge Nurse
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic, experienced and enthusiastic Band 6 Deputy Charge nurse / Deputy Sister to join our Band 7 team at Wycombe Hospital.
Our Intensive Care Units have 12 beds at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, which admits medicine/ surgical/ burns/ spinal/ trauma patients, and a 6 bedded ICU at Wycombe Hospital caring for medicine/ cardiology/ stroke and surgical patients.
Our Team is committed to delivering high quality, evidence-based care, which focuses on the individual needs of the patients and their relatives. You will take charge of the unit as a shift leader and work closely with the Multidisciplinary Team. You will lead and manage a team of nurses and be part of the senior nursing team developing the critical care service.
You must have a minimum of 1 year experience at Band 6 which would include a successfully completed post registration course in Critical Care Nursing /equivalent and mentorship qualification. A first degree would be an advantage, as would a leadership or management qualification. You must have excellent leadership and communication skills and a drive and passion for delivering the best possible care to our patients.
For further information please contact Molly Chibvuri (Matron) on 07900 227508 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
As a senior nurse your responsibilities will fall within the following domains:
• Clinical practice
• Management and leadership
• Education and Practice Development
• Opportunities to work with the Critical Care Outreach Team
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! – https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
• As part of our BHT family, you’ll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
• We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
• We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
• We’re committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
• As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
• Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for?
• Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
• Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
• Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
This advert closes on Monday 20 Mar 2023