SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites:- Perth, Inverness, Glasgow
Salary: £36,260 – £44,257 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Water Management is a key function in the operation of SSERs Hydro business, managing risks and maximising revenue in a safe and sustainable way. The Hydrometric Specialist role will support water management requirements through ensuring high quality hydrometric data collection, which is key to compliance reporting, operations, and innovation. This is a development role to be supported by experienced colleagues to enhance your skills and knowledge within an operational environment.
The Hydrometric Specialist will have the following key duties and responsibilities:
– Planning and management of a programme for regular maintenance of a hydrometric monitoring network.
– Analysing hydrometric data against different rationales making use of e.g. tables, graphs, dashboards, reports.
– Organising of sizeable amounts of electronic data.
– Contractor and budget management.
– Site visits within the region of SSE Hydro Schemes.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Technical / Engineering qualification with degree or minimum HNC with experience working in hydrometry and/or hydrology.
– IT literate specifically Office 365 and a willingness to develop skills in emerging data/reporting platforms e.g. Power BI.
– Health & safety and commercial awareness including the ability to value risk and balance with income.
– Strong written and verbal communications skills.
– Willingness to learn and develop into the role.
What’s in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 351698.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you’ll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.