Join the Discovery family, where quality and service are at the heart of everything we do!
Discovery Land Company is a US-based real estate developer and operator of private residential club communities and resorts with a world-renowned portfolio of domestic and international properties.
Spanning 8,000 majestic acres, Taymouth Castle Golf and Sport Club is being developed into a private residential, golf, and sporting community with a refurbished historic 19th century castle located in Kenmore, Perthshire at the gateway to the highlands. The newly reimagined castle and surrounding community will feature signature five-star amenities, extensive sporting activities, restaurants, bars and member services of a Discovery club with a grand Scottish flair.
**Please note- to apply you must already be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without visa sponsorship**
We are seeking a Housekeeper to join our team here at Taymouth Castle. The ideal candidate will have some previous housekeeping experience and have an adaptable outlook to work in our fast paced and changing environment. As one of our Housekeeping team you will be responsible for cleaning, inspecting, and upkeep of all guest rooms, cottages and homes around the estate and when completed, the luxury suites, as well as public areas in the Castle.
The Housekeeping team operate to a five-star standard, contributing to the overall immaculate presentation and cleanliness of Taymouth Castle, leaving an unforgettable first impression to all our members and prospective guests.
• Making sure all carpets, floors, and rugs are swept, scrubbed, mopped, shampooed, or vacuumed.
• Dust and polish all furniture fixings including anything metal.
• Empty and dispose of rubbish in a sanitary manner and clean bins.
• Make sure all bathroom fixtures and furnishings are washed including basins, mirrors, tubs, and showers.
• Wash all windows and glass doors as scheduled.
• Make sure all laundry is sorted, washed, folded, and put away in an organised fashion. Load/unload laundry as needed. Some laundry is done in-house and others are send to an external laundry.
• Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials by keeping it in safe and sanitary working condition
• Inspect mattresses and turn regularly.
• As needed deliver any requested items to rooms or homes.
• Keep an organised schedule from room list status to arrivals and departures.
• After cleaning make sure all furniture and amenities are placed back in the correct location.
• Clean corridors, hallways, stairways, lifts, lounges, and shared staff areas.
• Ensure confidentiality and security of all areas and homes.
• At the end of your shift, ensure cleaning materials and carts are re-stocked and ready to go for the next day.
• Monitor and report any safety issues or safety hazards.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of cleaning, sanitation products, techniques, and methods
• Knowledge of cleaning sensitive materials
• You must have an eye for attention to detail, quality, and service. Having a liking for things to be ‘just so’.
• At least 3 months of cleaning experience would be preferred.
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the position including, but not limited to, working outdoors in all weather conditions, standing, walking, and moving for periods of greater than eight (8) hours, and lifting and carrying items sometimes greater than fifty (50) pounds.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Benefits and Perks:
• Medical benefits
• Rate of pay £12.50 per hour
• Pension Contribution
• Professional development and upward mobility opportunities
• Work-Family Culture
About Discovery Land Company
Founded in 1994 by Michael S. Meldman, Discovery Land Company specialises in building luxury residential private club communities and resorts throughout the World. We have grown to be the premier player in the high-end resort residential niche with over 20 world-class projects in our portfolio. Every community features unparalleled amenities and inspired experiences that cater to a family-oriented lifestyle. Driven by a commitment to excellence and innovation, Discovery’s distinguishing hallmark is a unique approach to each location that respectfully integrates the natural and cultural characteristics of the land that surrounds it. Named Robb Report Vacation Homes and Luxury Living’s best developers of resort communities, Discovery’s golf courses are continuously named among the top golf courses in the US by professionals and amateur golfers alike.
For more information about our company and properties, visit https://discoverylandco.com/our-worlds
For more information about the project, visit https://welcometotaymouth.com