Catfoss Recruitment Ltd are currently in partnership with an established heat pump company that is looking to recruit another Heat Pump Engineer to their expanding team in Scotland on a permanent basis.
Our client provides design, supply, install, service and maintenance of ground, air and water source heat pump systems and the distribution systems (underfloor heating and radiators) they work with.
Working mainly with self-build, custom-build and large renovation clients, we are specialists in our field and offer high quality, bespoke, low carbon heating systems.
Heat Pump Engineer – Main purpose & Key Responsibilities of job:
Project Management & Installation Works
* To complete, to your skill level, and with a standard and speed to be reasonably expected from a fitter, all required installation and maintenance works including, but not limited to, underfloor heating, radiator and TRV installations, pipework and other heat pump related installation and service works as directed by the Senior Engineer / Installations Manager.
* Installation works to be completed in line with method statements, MCS, Company and legislative standards.
Health & Safety
* Ensure all work is completed in line with company and legislative health & safety procedures.
* To comply with and adhere to all H&S requests including reporting on PPE and other equipment, completing onsite risk assessments and other training as required.
* To attend and complete to a high standard all company and non-company training courses as required to complete installation to required skill levels.
* To complete and return all required documentation as directed by the Senior Engineer / Installation Manager
* Keep abreast of and engage with best practices and technical updates to products and services supplied
* Attend training as required to develop skills and knowledge.
* Assist with all aspects of Project, Service & Maintenance Administration as required.
* Other ad-hoc duties as required to ensure the smooth working of the Operations Team and Company as specified and agreed.
Heat Pump Engineer – Education / Qualification / Experience Requirements:
One of the following recognised plumbing / heating Apprentice courses:
* Modern Apprenticeship in plumbing (which includes foundation modules, the SVQ Level 3 in MES plumbing and Alternative energy
* The City and Guilds of London institute Craft course Certificates (heating and ventilation Fittings) and (Domestic Heating)
* The City and Guilds of London institute Craft course Certificates plumbing.
* NVQ/SVQ Level 2 Minimum & relevant and evidenced work experience / other relevant qualifications e.g.
* Unvented ticket
* CSCS or similar H&S qualification
* Water Byelaws
* Basic Electrics
* Electrical competence in connection of all type of heating and control equipment
* Heat Pump skills & experience including:
* Relevant Manufacturer installation courses
* BPEC GSHP or ASHP Qualification
* Part P
* Part L
Heat Pump Engineer – Training
* On the job training is provided, as well as a training route to qualifications and certifications including, but not limited to:
* Manufacturer specific training
* Heat Geek – Awakening and Mastery
* BPEC Level 3
* Electric for Plumbers – Basic, Foundation, Advanced
* Part L
* As well as re-certification and renewals, as and when required.
Heat Pump Engineer previous suitable job titles: Heat Pump Engineer, Heat Pump Technician, Heat Pump Installer, Heating Engineer, Heating Technician, Gas Fitter, Plumber, Renewables Technician, Renewables Engineer, Gas Technician, Service Engineer, Service Technician
Please apply ASAP
Due to current high volumes of applications to our advertised jobs, we are unable to respond to every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible.