The Whittan Group is the largest manufacturer of steel storage products in the United Kingdom. Home to seven trusted brands,
including Link51 and Apex, Whittan has been designing, manufacturing and installing innovative storage solutions for some of the
biggest businesses in Britain and Europe for over 70 years. As we continue to expand and enter new markets we are looking to
recruit engineering graduates to develop within our Sales team.
Starting in September 2023, we are launching the brand new Whittan Graduate Scheme, supporting and guiding some of the brightest
minds of the future of engineering. If you’re an enthusiastic, hard-working and energetic engineering graduate or undergraduate in
your final year, we want to hear from you! Sound interesting? Read on…
About our graduate programme
The Whittan Graduate Scheme follows a carefully designed two-year programme focused on some of our core engineering-related roles
within the Group.
You will be exposed to all areas of our business in the UK, spending time and gaining knowledge through experience in key areas
such as Sales, Design/Technical Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Project Fulfilment, Project Installations, Procurement and
The programme will also give you the opportunity to experience business areas across our wider group including our manufacturing
factory in Bilboa, Spain and our design and technical engineering office located nearby. Plus, you will get to meet our teams
across France, Germany, Holland and Belgium.
Whilst your first year will be spent learning about our business through key placements, your final year will see you move into a
more structured day-to-day role, adding true value to your learning and to the organisation.
At the end of the programme, you will have the opportunity to join in a permanent role in accordance with your area preference.
Throughout the programme, your skills, interests and natural talent will be carefully reviewed, ensuring you are placed in the
most appropriate role for you personally, whilst putting you on the right career path.
What can the Whittan Group offer you?
* A competitive starting salary of £25,000 which will be reviewed throughout the programme.
* A company vehicle to support with expected travel requirements as part of the role.
* Contributory pension scheme and associated benefits.
* 25 days holiday per year plus all statutory UK bank holidays.
* A number of reward schemes are also in place across the group including retail discounts, monthly recognition and service
* Study support towards additional professional qualifications.
* An assigned mentor to work with you and support you personally and professionally throughout the programme.
Who we’re looking for:
* You will need to be energetic, open to learning and willing to explore the many different career pathways across our group.
* Predicted or achieved 2:1 degree in an Engineering based subject.
* Although predominantly Midlands based, you must be flexible and open to working across our UK locations for periods at a time
and be able to travel to other European Counties as required.
* A valid UK driving licence with no more than 6 points.
* Ongoing right to work in the UK.
Does this sound like you? Well, then we’d love to hear from you!
The application process
* Complete online application
* Initial video call with a member of our HR team
* Complete online psychometric testing
* Attend an assessment centre involving a number of set activities
For more information about our graduate scheme go to https://www.whittan.com/about-us/careers
[https://www.whittan.com/about-us/careers] or contact HR@whittan.com