We are eager to invite applications for our Foundation Fellowship Programme at University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust.
The Foundation Fellowship Programme is an exciting opportunity for trainees interested in pursuing a career in Medicine or Surgery. This opportunity will allow you to gain experience of clinical medicine or surgery and depending on grade to be involved in the on-call rota.
Successful candidates will spend their time in various sub-specialties, rotating at 6 monthly intervals. This gives candidates a great opportunity to spend time in a sub speciality and work closely with leaders in that field.
We are seeking to appoint Foundation Fellowship Doctors at Year 1 Level. These posts are to commence on the 3rd of August 2023 for a period of 24 months.
There will be an additional supernumerary period starting on the 4th of July for those new to the NHS.
• Attend and participate in ward rounds as timetabled
• Organise, monitor and assist with tasks on the ward in the day-to-day management of in-patients.
• Liaise between nurses, allied health professionals, peers, patients, relatives and senior medical staff.
• Attend to day-case patients and outpatient clinics where possible
• Take part in rostered out of normal hours emergency work when orientation complete and competence assessed.
• Complete discharge summaries and communicate with GPs and other clinical colleagues as required.
• Study for higher examination and maintain continued professional development.
• Attend educational and multidisciplinary sessions as per doctors on the national training programme.
• Undertake audit and service evaluations at various times throughout the rotations.
• Teach medical students
We know that our people are central to our success. So, it’s only right that we reward you with
• Access to state-of-the-art equipment
• Opportunities to develop – UHS is one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to.
• A minimum of 40 days paid holiday (pro rata), and a generous pension scheme.
• A range of NHS discounts
• A break from the hustle and bustle of city centre life, with beaches and New Forest on your doorstep
We can offer you:
– Medical and Surgical rotations
-Fully supported Skilled worker visa applications to work within the UK
-A dedicated Foundation Fellowship team to help support you in your work/life balance
-The same hospital based learning opportunities as those in a national training post
-Educational & Clinical supervision
-Access to ePortfolio to track acquired competencies as per national training posts which will inform your CREST to enable the ability to apply for UK speciality training programmes.
-Fellowship Annual Reviews to help towards your GMC revalidation
Having just recently graduated from medical school you will find this year a great way to develop your skills and knowledge of working with in the NHS.
What we’re looking for
– You can apply for this post if you are eligible for GMC but haven’t got it as yet but will need full GMC registration with a licence to practice and right to work in the UK in place before your start date. If you’re applying from outside the UK you’ll also require:
– EU citizens require OET/IELTS 7.5 or above
– Outside of the EU will require OET/IELTS 7.5 & PLAB 1&2
The Foundation Fellowship Programme attracts a high number of applicants, once the number has reached our maximum limit, the advert will be closed. Please make sure you fill in and send your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Appointment will be made under local contractual terms and conditions of service for Trust appointed (non-training fellow doctors and dentists).
Basic Salary – MT01 £29,384 per annum
Successful candidates will have an educational framework equivalent to training grade doctors, and there will be a named educational supervisor assigned at the start of the post. The opportunity for Continued Professional Development (CPD) is highly supported and encouraged by the Trust, with options available to take study leave. All licensed doctors must meet the GMC requirements for revalidation and there will be an annual appraisal to support this process.
Grades for Trust appointed (non-training) fellows will be paid a basic salary at a nodal pay point linked to the grade, at the rate set out in the National Medical and Dental pay circular. Basic salary detailed below plus any additional remuneration (as applicable) for hours set out in the doctors work schedule (e.g. additional hours, weekend allowance, and any hours which attract enhanced pay)
Travelling expenses will not be paid for attending interview
Please note that GMC registration (with a licence to practice) and right to work in the UK are essential for this role. Successful applicants will already have GMC registration or will be able to demonstrate they are eligible. Applicants requiring Tier 2 sponsorship should ensure they meet the Home Office application criteria prior to submitting an application.
Interviews will be held on TBC
Job Reference: MT0880 – This vacancy closes on or before:13thFebruary 2023
This advert closes on Tuesday 11 Apr 2023