The post holder will assist and support the Head of Management Accounts and Financial Management Reporting Accountant in providing a range of financial services to specified divisions including the production of the main monthly management accounts reports.
The successful candidate will be joining an established finance team which is in the process of implementing Finance Business Partners. You will be joining at an exciting time and will gain good experience in the workings of Finance in an NHS Trust and will be joining a team who are professional and keen to succeed.
The Finance team is committed to continuous improvement and strive to work together across all areas of work.
• To work closely with the Finance Reporting Manager and where required the Finance Business Partner to provide a comprehensive, timely and efficient service to both Divisional Management teams and budget holders.
• Responsible for ensuring all month end transactional processes and procedures are accurately carried out in required timeframes. This includes the investigation of key variances and cost centre analysis.
• Lead in the updating of WTE staffing establishments and process recruitment forms in a timely manner.
• To ensure that reports are completed within timescales and distributed, as necessary.
• To ensure that the ledger reflects a true and fair view of divisional performance, and where required to be responsible for the processing/input of journals into the finance ledger, including validating the input to ensure that budget reports reflect accurate spend with appropriate accruals and prepayments.
• Undertake detailed financial analysis of budgets to produce and analyse financial trends. To present these findings to managers in a manner that is appropriate to the audience, this includes the Finance Business Partner and Head of Financial Management Reporting.
• Lead in the production of monthly forecast data, updating for impacts obtained from divisions and discussions with the Finance Business Partner and other Finance Colleagues
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
• As part of our BHT family, you’ll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
• We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
• We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
• We’re committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
• As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
• Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for?
• Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
• Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
• Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
This advert closes on Monday 13 Mar 2023