Vibe are seeking a Finance Manager to join our team.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all financial matters within the organisation; as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), you will contribute to Vibe’s corporate strategy and policy.
At Vibe, we work together; with young people, with our youth team, and with our partners. We run inspiring and inclusive clubs, activities, and programmes that help young people to build positive relationships with themselves and others; helping them to make a positive contribution to their community.
Young people are at the heart of all we do.
The successful person will bring passionate financial leadership, and vision to support and guide our plans. A creative and sharp thinker who can advise and support the team to be cost efficient and cost effective in all we do.
– Ensure an annual budget and reserves policy is in place, ensuring balance of ‘top-down’ and ‘bottom-up’ approach.
– Ensure that monthly monitoring systems are in place to ensure that the organisation operates effectively within agreed budgets.
– Prepare; monthly management accounts, a quarterly finance report for the Board, monthly internal reports (for CEO and SMT), and external reports for funders.
– Take full responsibility for the organisation’s asset register.
– Responsible for the line management of the Finance Assistant. Manage and coach direct reports to enable them to manage their own projects.
– Facilitate an understanding throughout the organisation of the value of financial controls and systems, and monitoring and evaluation processes, and the role that each colleague can play.
– Support business growth by ensuring new funding applications include accurately costed budgets.
– Evaluate all existing contracts to ensure financial viability and performance.
– Consider and propose expenditure efficiencies.
– Ensure HR/payroll, and management of pension provider.
– Ensure adequate capability and compliance across the organisation, to implement financial controls and systems, and agreed monitoring and evaluation processes.
– Manage and develop key partnership arrangements across a range of colleagues, stakeholders, funders, and partners.
– Liaise with external auditors to ensure annual audit is completed on time; compliance with all requirements of company, charity law and statutory obligations.
– Complete quarterly VAT reporting and manage relations with HMRC, FCA and banking partner.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and is subject to review on a regular basis and must be read in conjunction with the Staff Handbook.
Accounting qualification CCAB or equivalent.
Excellent IT, Excel, and report-writing skills.
Excellent analytical skills.
Ability to produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines.
Substantial experience of setting and managing budgets.
Ability to work effectively under pressure, managing conflicting priorities and to meet challenging deadlines.
Outstanding written and communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
Ability to work independently and think laterally.
Experience of Sage 200.
Experience of managing staff.
Vibe is committed to our responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We are dedicated to recruiting candidates who share this commitment to safeguarding, and therefore we apply robust recruitment and selection procedures to ensure that the people selected are right for the job, and that all candidates are appropriately screened prior to appointment. This post is subject to a DBS check.
What do you get in return?
£40,500 PA (pro rata – FTE 36hrs per week).
Hours of Work:
Four days per week (28.8 hours), with a start date of 1st April 2023, or sooner.
Working from home, and our Liverpool office space.
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Training and Development opportunities
Employee Assistance Programme