An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join an expanding and established dermatology team at the Buckinghamshire health care NHS Trust. The dermatology department is part of a recently expanded purpose-built with a reduced carbon footprint centre based at the Amersham hospital.
The dermatology department provides various surgical procedures all of which are undertaken under local anaesthetic, including Specialist MOHs micrographic surgery, minor surgical procedures, and post-operative clinics
The successful candidate will have proven experience undertaking minor operations procedures (MOPs) under the nurse Skin biopsy protocol including skin lesion excisions, suturing, and filtration of local anaesthetic.
• Independently undertake MOPs with the support of a Dermatology consultant/SPR/ACP. May be required to act as a first assistant for complex procedures such as MOHs micrographic surgery.
• undertake clinical history from patients in the clinic and escalate concerns appropriately to clinicians
• Complete full skin examinations
• Provide specialised advice in relation to skin surgery and be able to recognise common complications from surgery and liaise with the relevant team to manage them.
• The post holder will use excellent communication skills to liaise and work alongside a varied multi-professional team. They will have an extended role in supporting the clinical and nursing teams in the management of patient care
• Have responsibility for service development in the specialist field
• Provide education and training to nursing and junior medical staff
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
• As part of our BHT family, you’ll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
• We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension, and access to NHS discount schemes.
• We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
Why work for us?
• We are committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
• As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued, and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
• Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
What do we stand for?
• Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
• Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
• Our CARE values are; Collaborated, Aspire, Respect, and Enable.
For a detailed description of responsibilities, please refer to the attached Job Description and person specification
This advert closes on Monday 10 Apr 2023